Struggling with screen protectors

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Already 2 botched attempts on the Skinomi, so I'm trying the ZAGG. It says that the bubbles go away after 2-3 days, but is that really true? I did squeegee the liquid out during application, but there were still many bubbles. Did I do it wrong?

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
In my previous experiences with those types of screen protectors some of those bubbles do come out, but If they are due to dust or too big then they probably won't.

I realize that it may be too late for this, but I got a screen protector from RealLook and it is awesome. Skinomi has a DryTech (or something like that) protector that may be almost identical, but I haven't tried it.

It may be a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. It's the best screen protector I've ever bought, and it comes with two of them, as well as 4 camera lense protectors.
Amazon.com: REALOOK AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Screen Protector, Crystal Clear 2-PK: Computers & Accessories

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Give it time, bubbles and rainbow effect go away eventually.

Skinomi is better than Zagg but at the end of the day they both take away from the smoothness of the glass and the orange peel texture looks horrendous. The display is made out of Gorilla Glass, even though it doesn't guarantee to be scratch proof it does a good job in keeping the screen free of major scratches. There's no real reason to use a screen protector and I prefer nothing at all.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I never use anything other than Zagg and yes, they do come out. On my Lumia I have both front and and back screen, dry. The back had zero bubbles, tons on the front. It took a bit longer than the time indicated, but they're all gone now.
On my iPad I use the HD screen protector (front only since I also use the ZaggFolio). I still have one bubble on the bezel due to a piece of dust trapped. The iPad screen protector was the usual wet install and boy, it had a ton of bubbles at first. But like I said, aside from the one that's due to a piece of dust that's trapped, no bubbles at all.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 900 using Board Express

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the one the military uses from the at&t corporate store, forget the actual name, but it works great and the bubbles went away after a few days...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Which method of installation did you use? The spray or the bowl of water and soap technique? I personally think the bowl with water and one drop of dishwashing soap is the best method. I've installed many skins before and I can say that using the water bowl technique is a lot easier and less proned to the water bubbles getting stuck. But I've moved on from using skins on my phone. Don't like the texture of it nor the look.

I just purchased screen protectors from CrazyOnDigital (Amazon) anti-glare matte clear finish. It looks great and was fairly easy to install

Last edited:

vampireszombies

May 4, 2012
Visit site
In my previous experiences with those types of screen protectors some of those bubbles do come out, but If they are due to dust or too big then they probably won't.

I realize that it may be too late for this, but I got a screen protector from RealLook and it is awesome. Skinomi has a DryTech (or something like that) protector that may be almost identical, but I haven't tried it.

It may be a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. It's the best screen protector I've ever bought, and it comes with two of them, as well as 4 camera lense protectors.
Amazon.com: REALOOK AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Screen Protector, Crystal Clear 2-PK: Computers & Accessories

I also recommend the REALOOK protector. It doesn't have those unnecessary cut-outs for the proximity sensors and front camera like many others, I love when everything is seemless.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I hate applying protectors. That's why I had my friend at AT&T apply a Moshi when I picked up my L900. Got a speck of dust under it the first time, so when I stopped back in two days later he pulled another off the rack and tried again. Success. Have wiped the screen maybe 3 times in a month. No fingerprints at all. That's as important to me as scratch protection.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I hate applying protectors. That's why I had my friend at AT&T apply a Moshi when I picked up my L900. Got a speck of dust under it the first time, so when I stopped back in two days later he pulled another off the rack and tried again. Success. Have wiped the screen maybe 3 times in a month. No fingerprints at all. That's as important to me as scratch protection.

I had the Moshi put on my 900 and you're right, no fingerprints but I couldn't understand why everyone kept saying that the 900's screen was better than the Focus S.......until I removed the Moshi......now I'm going commando. ;)

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I also recommend the REALOOK protector. It doesn't have those unnecessary cut-outs for the proximity sensors and front camera like many others, I love when everything is seemless.

I forgot to mention that! ;) It's one of the best features. You don't have to worry about crap nestling up against the cutouts, which seems to happen all the time. The only cutout is for the speaker grill. Most people would probably never think that I have a screen protector on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99