Lumia 900 Ranked #1 on PhoneDog

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well the people vote with their wallets and the iPhone 4S is still flying off the shelves in gigantic quantities...
Apple marketing is a genius. Target the younger crowd. Give steep discounts to education facilities for their products. Grow the brand name. They can sell crap and its still going to sell at this pace. Their products are not crap. So I don't see them falling off anytime soon.

The only thing WP8 will do is make a better OS, but they got a long way to go with brand name with the younger generation. Microsoft should target the younger generation. Go to schools and give them all WP8 tablet with a smartphone at heavily discounted prices. But too bad they can't because they don't make their own hardware to provide deeper discounts.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
. Microsoft should target the younger generation. Go to schools and give them all WP8 tablet with a smartphone at heavily discounted prices. But too bad they can't because they don't make their own hardware to provide deeper discounts.
But they can give out coupons/vouchers with deep discounts so student can "choose" the W8/WP8 device they prefer. All part of marketing. Choice is good.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad it's ranked #1 by a people's vote, but if you notice votes received, it's 297. 297 people voted for the phone. Hardly anything to get excited about. Also, it's trending #2, which means if this weeks voting stopped right now. it would be #2.

Listen, I love my Lumia 900, but in the grand scheme of things, wp7 just isn't very popular. At all. Market share is an absolute joke. Why? Negative bias towards the Microsoft/Windows name, lack of apps, low comparative specs, some combination of the three...who knows for sure. I'm certainly not going to debate any of it with anyone. It gets tiring. Maybe when wp8/apollo comes out things will change. Maybe things are already changing, albeit very slowly.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
But they can give out coupons/vouchers with deep discounts so student can "choose" the W8/WP8 device they prefer. All part of marketing. Choice is good.

I don't see why that cannot be done. Microsoft already gives huge discounts to students to Windows and Office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234