Lumia 900 Screen Scratch !!

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I thought the Lumia 900 had a gorilla glass, what the ****, I take it out of my pocket and the screen lightly touches a metal button above my pocket, and there you go a scratch, that’s really disappointing, my brother have a Samsung galaxy 2, he throws this thing all over the place no covers no protectors, and its scratch free (screen and body). the guy at ATT told me they have tough screens and no need to put a protector unless the finger prints annoys me or I tend to drop the phone a lot.

Last edited:

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know why people think that Gorilla glass is unscratchable. Yes it's tough, but it does scratch, and yes, they do shatter.

one2escape

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine theres scrapes on it. I am hoping they are going to rub out becuase I dont whats caused them as the phone has be back downall day waiting for the sim to come on

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the Lumia 800 is more scratch and shatter proof than its big brother. So far so good on my 900 though, fingers crossed.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
So far, so good. Not a single scratch on my Focus, Surround or 900.

I even make it a habit to lay my 900 face down on a table so the camera bezel doesnt get scratched up.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So far, so good. Not a single scratch on my Focus, Surround or 900.

I even make it a habit to lay my 900 face down on a table so the camera bezel doesnt get scratched up.

The Focus is damn near indestructible lol My girlfriend drops hers like 5 times a day and it's in perfect condition. I leave mine in my pocket with keys pushed against the screen and never had a scratch or anything.

I do the same my L900 and it's scratch free too.

To the OP:

I thought you got a Titan II??

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Got a small scratch on my 900 also. Not sure how. So I relented and put a screen protector on it. Looks like crap but no more scratches.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The Focus is damn near indestructible lol My girlfriend drops hers like 5 times a day and it's in perfect condition. I leave mine in my pocket with keys pushed against the screen and never had a scratch or anything.

I do the same my L900 and it's scratch free too.

To the OP:

I thought you got a Titan II??

I looked at the Titan, it?s nice, but I couldn?t give up the AMOLED screen and the Nokia Exclusives, also compared the front camera, N is way better, also colors and graphics are much better, the Lumia is a great phone, but I guess I had bad luck, so I just kept trying to till I got a nice working device.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It is Gorilla Glass, but Gorilla Glass is very scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof. It's not a sapphire watch crystal, it's still glass.

Sorry to hear that though.

The good news is, scratches CAN be polished out of Gorilla Glass. There are some DIY's online for the not feint of heart, or you can send the phone off to have it done for you.

Copa715

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I am very careful with my phones and I noticed a few very light scratches on my screen already if you look at it in the right light. It's nothing that anybody would ever notice during normal use, but it's still kind of discouraging considering I haven't done anything that should have caused any kind of scratches at all.

My iPhone had the same thing though so I think it's more common than you'd think. Most people just wouldn't ever notice them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb