Taking Lumia 900 to Australia - SIM options?

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are both bringing our Lumia 900s with us on a 3 week trip to Australia in a couple of months. We would like to be able to swap the SIM out for a cheaper pre-paid option while in Australia, so that we don't have to pay the high international roaming voice and data rates that AT&T would charge us. My understanding is that, in order to be able to swap out and use a prepaid SIM card while we are in Australia, our phones would need to be unlocked.

Does anyone know if AT&T would be willing to help us out with this request or if there is any other way to get the phone to be able to accept a prepaid SIM card for our trip overseas?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
not sure if you got your answer already, but the best way is to call and find out.

I travel to Asia quite often and usually stay there for 2+ months so I call AT&T pretty much every time I upgrade my phone. For me the trick is to tell them that you will be oversea for a while and financially it doesn't make sense to pay for roaming for that long. Though it depends on their exclusivity policy for the phone you are calling about. I am not sure about Lumia 900 as I haven't had need for it to be unlocked yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12