Is the warranty for the original purchaser only?

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe some ATT people are on here or there's another in the same situation...

We all know there's no such thing as "no returns" on ebay even though auctions are marked as such. Just got my Lumia (supposedly brand new, with a couple fingerprints under the screen protector and Scotch tape holding the box closed :rolleyes:. I think I know why, now) and it has a horrendous vibrate rattle with the SIM tray out and it's unbearable when installed. Purple screen on low brightness, but I always use medium anyway. No screen clicking.

If I take it to the ATT corporate store, will they tell me to bugger off since I didn't purchase it from them? Second option, if the 12 month warranty doesn't transfer, has anyone had success with taking it apart to fix the rattle? I'd rather fix it than get into it with the seller if it's a possibility.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Att "usually" only warranties the original owner of their branded phones. I say usually cause sometimes u will get the right warranty rep on phone who will switch it out for you.

I brought a Atrix 4G Last year early June Only 3 months old. Called 3 different reps. They all denied my warranty. They all claimed I had gotten a refurbished model and it was out of warranty. I had no clue why it was a refurbished. Maybe Craigslist seller had done one refurbish replacement already. Anyways they denied my warranty request.

I went directly to the manufactuer. Shipped it to Motorola myself (cost me $18 in shipping and insurance). I have spare iPhone 4 at home. So was without my atrix for 7 full days.

You should try the AT&T warranty route first. They ship replacements out 2 days shipping. If they deny you. U can always go trough Nokia yourself.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I suppose I should have mentioned I'm on prepaid with AT&T, so I'm used to being treated like a second-class customer. Can't imagine it will be any different this time around... :dry

I guess I'll try the store tomorrow...then probably skip right to Nokia. Having to input my phone number will probably get me stuck at the "GoPhone" level at ATT's call centers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney