Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hey guys the strangest thing happened to me.
    I'm not from the united states so I ordered a nokia Lumia 900 from ebay brand new but I has a sim lock. I ordered an unlock code from www.GSMfast.net - Fast & Cheaper Unlock Service on Saturday morning and I am still waiting. decided to call at&t and explain to them that I don't reside in the states they told me that this device will not be permitted to update until next year. I really love this phone and would hate to think that I just wasted all that money.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    not update or not unlocked? There is a difference. Most unlocking services on ebay will send you a code via email so why havent you received the code?
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    not update or not unlocked? There is a difference. Most unlocking services on ebay will send you a code via email so why havent you received the code?
    Honestly I don't know why I have not received the code as yet.
    Reading around even called cellunlockers.com and they said that the unlocking service is unavailable for the AT&T Nokia Lumia 900. :@ :mad:

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    I could be mistaken, but I believe some users at XDA have successfully gotten SIM unlock codes, while others have gotten refunds, with a sorry, can't do it. You probably should have checked first. AT&T is not currently releasing unlock codes. If you can't return the phone, your only option may be a custom ROM.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Some people was able to get codes from AT&T using very farfetched excuses and a applauded them, with respect to custom rom I will still have to get a sim unlock.
    I was under the impression at&t had an exclusivity agreement for 6mo. Where the lumia will remain locked until then.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworksnarf View Post
    I was under the impression at&t had an exclusivity agreement for 6mo. Where the lumia will remain locked until then.

One guy mention that AT&T have exclusive rights for 45 days which was supposed to be up this week, he said that he got his information from Microsoft. So now I wait to see if this is true.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,376 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworksnarf View Post

You are probably correct.

If you buy the phone outright, you should be able to get the unlock code. Just another reason why I buy unbranded/unlocked phones.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I've unlocked a 710 via cellunlocker.net, so maybe it's just a matter of time.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
    I've unlocked a 710 via cellunlocker.net, so maybe it's just a matter of time.
    I honestly don't think there are problems unlocking other Nokia Lumia devices, just the Npkia Lumia 900 on AT&T because the one from Rogers can be unlocked. (Nokia Lumia 900)

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I was in a slightly different boat. I couldn't get the unlock code for my Lumia 900 locked to the UK O2 network, but found it using these guys.

Unlock Mobile Phones - Mobileunlocked.co.uk

They might be able to help you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I believe some users at XDA have successfully gotten SIM unlock codes, while others have gotten refunds, with a sorry, can't do it. You probably should have checked first. AT&T is not currently releasing unlock codes. If you can't return the phone, your only option may be a custom ROM.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    hi, can you tell me how i can get a lumia 900 custom rom

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have only read of two people being able to get their Lumia 900 unlocked from ATT. Both were long time ATT customers who paid full price for their phone and moved out of the US. So its possible but very very hard to do. You're better off buying a rogers version and unlocking it or ponying up to buy the international version of the phone.

I tried www.GSMfast.net - Fast & Cheaper Unlock Service to get my att nokia lumia 900 unlocked and they did it in 8 days.Maybe you should try back seems only att account users or if you have a contact in att you can get it done.
    Seems they have good connect cause i also got my att iphone 4s unlocked there in 1 day.
    Try them maybe back then u had an issue.But i know it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by nick1011 View Post
    I tried www.GSMfast.net - Fast & Cheaper Unlock Service to get my att nokia lumia 900 unlocked and they did it in 8 days.Maybe you should try back seems only att account users or if you have a contact in att you can get it done.
    Seems they have good connect cause i also got my att iphone 4s unlocked there in 1 day.
    Try them maybe back then u had an issue.But i know it works now.
    i just buy the 08/29/2012 an at&t nokia lumia 900 unlock code and no answer yet :mad:

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertordzrema View Post
    i just buy the 08/29/2012 an at&t nokia lumia 900 unlock code and no answer yet :mad:
    If you do get an unlock code please give me a heads up. :)

Any updates on this?
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin_HT View Post
    Any updates on this?
    The 900 remains locked to AT&T :(

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Shouldn't the exclusivity period end this month or the next?

If i were to throw out a date, probably on the L920's release date

I've spoken to ATT numerous times about this as I'm currently studying in Europe and they've told me everytime it will be available to be unlocked 10/8/12. That's 6 months after the 4/08 release date so it makes sense, but still frustrating as I'm currently carrying two phones around.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Buddy people can call AT&T directly and get their phone unlocked for free!
    Last edited by palandri; 10-09-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: removed quote
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Buddy people can call AT&T directly and get their phone unlocked for free!
    Hello, can you give me advise what to do with my lumia 900 At&t.I Bought my phone from America this summer but now im not there.The phone is locked and i can't find any solutions

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esko_ View Post
    Hello, can you give me advise what to do with my lumia 900 At&t.I Bought my phone from America this summer but now im not there.The phone is locked and i can't find any solutions
    You need to call AT&T and give them your IMEI and they will give you the unlock code.

Go on their website and find the international number to contact them. Or you can use the online chat option with them through their website also. :)
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    You need to call AT&T and give them your IMEI and they will give you the unlock code.

Go on their website and find the international number to contact them. Or you can use the online chat option with them through their website also. :)
    Can you anybody call and get their phoneunlocked or are there requirements?

Like account in good standing, off contract, etc etc.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    if you unlock the phone does Internet Sharing then work without that pop up message (assuming you dont have service with ATT)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast