Any "free (actual working/showing real speed) speedtest app for LTE Lumia?

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I've used bandwidth app plus some other speed test app (I forgot). But those apps do not seem to give me real speed results.

Speedtest app (the most popular one on ios and android) seems to usually give real speeds. But speedtest is not available on windows phone.

I was just down at Disney last night (peak memorial day weekend). My wife AT&T iPhone 4S could barely get any data. My LTE Nokia was reading 8-10mpbs on the bandwidth app. But my buddie's LTE Galaxy Note was reading 20-25mpbs on AT&T at the same time.

So I do not believe the lumia LTE readings. Because it renders we pages very quickly even in heavy congestion.

So anyone using another speed app to test LTE speeds with AT&T?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Aside from Bandwidth I have not found any other app (including the Microsoft app) that properly displays an LTE signal. Think I tried 5 or 6 when Bandwidth was pulled from the Marketplace. Currently running the sideload version.

They all either don't display anything or display something like 1.5Mbps. What makes you believe the Galaxy Note was accurate. I have already seen 15-17Mbps about 25 miles North of Orlando using Bandwidth. And 8-10Mbps wold download or stream might fast. Faster than my Brighthouse cable connection.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes