Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts
    I was in an MS store tonight (packed shoulder to shoulder, next door to an empty apple store.) and played with the 800. WHOA MAMA! Sleek, sexy, curved glass, wow what a hot spicy little number.

Fit perfectly in the hand. This was the perfect WP. Don't get me wrong, a 4.3" screen is nice, but that phone was the perfect size for me. If it had a ffc (i use it a lot to take pictures of my tiny human!) id be all over it on eBay.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with these sentiments :) I would say the biggest draw to the Lumia was the front facing camera and LTE for me. If that was in L800 I would have bought it in a heart beat.

I will say this though, the bigger form factor has made it much easier to show off to my friends
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I don't want to know what you meant by "tiny human" :P

I just wish the 900 wasn't as fat... if it were a bit more sleeker and lighter, I'd be in heaven.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I have one...:P Well I don't have it any more the wife took it but I still get to look at it some times. I really think its the better built device between the 900 and 800.

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts
    The Tiny Human is the Wee Lass Lilly. Grande Cinco, I agree 100%!

Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts
    They had a magenta model as well. Kind of pretty cool. Since I loves me some Shirley Temples, (on the rocks, shaken, not stirred) I could pull it off.

I agree, I prefer the 800 over the 900, even without the ffc. The only reason I got the 900 is because it's subsidized.

I've been using a Lumia 800, today I will be trying a Lumia 900 for the first time.

Here's what I'm nervous about:

1. size. by comparison the 900 is a giant. I've named it Hagrid.
    2. battery. I've been having some high-volume phone/internet days the last few weeks and my hope is the 900 will help (I know its a bigger screen, but its also a bigger battery...I'll be watching the balance)
    3. camera. the 800 is nowhere as nice as my iphone4s, I know the back-illuminated sensor is much of the reason, but I keep dreaming the 900 (which I also know is the same as the 800) will be better.

Things I'm excited about:
    1. ffc. even though i rarely use it, this is one of those "oh, but some day" items that just nag at me.
    2. gyroscope. same deal again, but one I hope some apps will help me justify.
    3. no charger flap. finally one that is real and not subject to my imagination or a change in use habits! the charger flap on the 800 is more irritating than helpful.
    4. volume. the 900 seems much louder than the 800 --speakerphone wise.
    5. capacitive button placement. the capacitive buttons are lower to the base on the 900 than the 800 and so far I find i hit them with higher accuracy because they aren't so high on the glass.

I'll try to post up follow on observations. If anyone has some to share...

Global Posts
    2,527 Global Posts
    I agree. I would have preferred an 800 honestly, even if I had to buy it on Ebay unsubsidized. I think the curved glass and size make it superior to the 900. The only reason I didn't get the 800 is that I am unwilling to spend that kind of coin on a phone that doesn't have LTE, since if I am paying $500ish for a phone, I am keeping it two years and I will want LTE in that time frame, so the 900 it was. Honestly though, I will probably by a Windows Phone 8 device off contract and give my wife the 900 (as she isn't overly happy with her Titan compared to the 900).

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I had an 800 and went to the 900, I like the larger screen size on the 900 but the 800 is just a little sexier with the flush, curved glass and all. Plus it seems like the build quality is slightly better on the 800. If I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure I'd make the jump to the 900, it served me well.

All that said, I still enjoy my Lumia 900 and I don't regret getting it.