- 05-27-2012, 10:01 PM #1
I was in an MS store tonight (packed shoulder to shoulder, next door to an empty apple store.) and played with the 800. WHOA MAMA! Sleek, sexy, curved glass, wow what a hot spicy little number.
Fit perfectly in the hand. This was the perfect WP. Don't get me wrong, a 4.3" screen is nice, but that phone was the perfect size for me. If it had a ffc (i use it a lot to take pictures of my tiny human!) id be all over it on eBay.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
05-27-2012, 10:06 PM #2
- 40 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one with these sentiments :) I would say the biggest draw to the Lumia was the front facing camera and LTE for me. If that was in L800 I would have bought it in a heart beat.
I will say this though, the bigger form factor has made it much easier to show off to my friends
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM #8
- 120 Posts
I've been using a Lumia 800, today I will be trying a Lumia 900 for the first time.
Here's what I'm nervous about:
1. size. by comparison the 900 is a giant. I've named it Hagrid.
2. battery. I've been having some high-volume phone/internet days the last few weeks and my hope is the 900 will help (I know its a bigger screen, but its also a bigger battery...I'll be watching the balance)
3. camera. the 800 is nowhere as nice as my iphone4s, I know the back-illuminated sensor is much of the reason, but I keep dreaming the 900 (which I also know is the same as the 800) will be better.
Things I'm excited about:
1. ffc. even though i rarely use it, this is one of those "oh, but some day" items that just nag at me.
2. gyroscope. same deal again, but one I hope some apps will help me justify.
3. no charger flap. finally one that is real and not subject to my imagination or a change in use habits! the charger flap on the 800 is more irritating than helpful.
4. volume. the 900 seems much louder than the 800 --speakerphone wise.
5. capacitive button placement. the capacitive buttons are lower to the base on the 900 than the 800 and so far I find i hit them with higher accuracy because they aren't so high on the glass.
I'll try to post up follow on observations. If anyone has some to share...
- 06-15-2012, 09:59 AM #9
I agree. I would have preferred an 800 honestly, even if I had to buy it on Ebay unsubsidized. I think the curved glass and size make it superior to the 900. The only reason I didn't get the 800 is that I am unwilling to spend that kind of coin on a phone that doesn't have LTE, since if I am paying $500ish for a phone, I am keeping it two years and I will want LTE in that time frame, so the 900 it was. Honestly though, I will probably by a Windows Phone 8 device off contract and give my wife the 900 (as she isn't overly happy with her Titan compared to the 900).
- 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM #10
I had an 800 and went to the 900, I like the larger screen size on the 900 but the 800 is just a little sexier with the flush, curved glass and all. Plus it seems like the build quality is slightly better on the 800. If I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure I'd make the jump to the 900, it served me well.
All that said, I still enjoy my Lumia 900 and I don't regret getting it.