4-5 second lag between charging and charging sound icon being on?

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is normal.

When I plug in the micro USB adapter to the Lumia 900. I've noticed there may be a 4-5 second delay before the charging icon and charging sound comes on.

Is this normal? Seems to be a big lag. Or could my charging port be starting to go bad. Reason I am asking is I thought I had charged my Lumia 900 last night. I woke up and it wasn't charged at all. I apparently didn't snap it in tight enough.

So I took charger to work with me and plugged it in. And this time made sure I would see the charging port icon go on. It did go on but it took 4-5 seconds.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is normal.

When I plug in the micro USB adapter to the Lumia 900. I've noticed there may be a 4-5 second delay before the charging icon and charging sound comes on.

Is this normal? Seems to be a big lag. Or could my charging port be starting to go bad. Reason I am asking is I thought I had charged my Lumia 900 last night. I woke up and it wasn't charged at all. I apparently didn't snap it in tight enough.

So I took charger to work with me and plugged it in. And this time made sure I would see the charging port icon go on. It did go on but it took 4-5 seconds.

I swear sometimes mine has a 10-15 second lag detecting being plugged into USB. Very strange IMO, but I guess normal for the Lumia 900.

clockworksnarf

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
mine takes Long to respond to the charger as well, one time it made the sound but never charged my phone (fortunately I have a car charger just in case)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My L900 works the same way. Plugging into AC charger, usually 4-5sec. Plugging into a USB backup battery (lower mA rating), usually 5-9 seconds. It's either a bug or a something to protect the charging circuit. Either way, it's consistent.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks for the responses. I feel better.

I've had a couple of phone charging ports fail in the past. And that's what I was worried about.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that if you initiate charging from a powered off state, the phone powers on almost instantly. So hardware wise it should know it is recieving power the moment you plug it in, not sure why there's a delay in the status of charging though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett