Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm frustrated beyond belief. I bought a used Lumia 900 online and of course it only had some knockoff 700ma charger, not the original Nokia 1A version.

I went to AT&T, asked them to sell me a replacement and they offered a generic charger. Don't want that, I asked for the original one that's in the box. They said just call Nokia, they will take care of you.

I called Nokia. Got a serious runaround and the guy said we don't have a sales department, go to Amazon.com/nokia and you can buy one. Was online while on the phone and told him I didn't see the original one. He said here it is:

Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Auto Car, Home Wall Charger and USB Data Cable For AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 (White). CrazyOnDigital Retail Package: Cell Phones & Accessories

He even read it out "De Crazy On Digital One Sir" (thick accent). I said I appreciate you trying to help, but as I originally asked, I need the original one that Nokia makes for the Lumia 900, not some knockoff junk. He said "no problem sir, please coordinate with your service provider." I reminded him that I was JUST in the AT&T store and they said just to call Nokia and they would send me one.

He paused and said "well we don't have one to sell." I asked what if I had it and it was defective? Would Nokia send me some Crazy on digital version or would they send me a genuine, 1A white wall charger. He said they would send a direct replacement identical to one in the box.

So here I sit on hold why this guy tries to find someone at Nokia who will sell me a real charger.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Is it really that hard to provide replacement parts Nokia? Or am I the first person on this planet to ask for a real replacement charger? This is laughable.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    that's weird , my carrier can Order individual *official* accessories from the box.

Bell ( Canada).

maybe try a company that sales Nokia devices ( future shop , best buy etc..)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Called AT&T again. They said call Nokia.

On a side note, the Nokia guy did say they would grant me a "one time courtesy exception" for a replacement, but they don't have any in stock (really?). He said "call back in, oh, one month to two weeks and check again."

So, who knows if/when I will actually be able to procure one.

Nokia needs some supply chain 101 man. Seriously.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    there are too many to buy from ! like amazon ebay and TD , I bought from TD many times ! u can check out here:http://tinyurl.com/7gf3s72
    Last edited by yuesir; 06-01-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuesir View Post
    there are too many to buy from ! like amazon ebay and TD , I bought from TD many times ! u can check out here:TinyDeal - Search Results - China Wholesale, Online Shop, Dropship, Free Shipping
    Right, and none are the original charger that's included in the Lumia 900 box. I have an arsenal of generic chargers. That's not what I need.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    You don't need the orginal one. As long as it's the right voltage and produces the right current, it'll work just fine. The ones sold at the AT&T store are not junk and are compatible. In fact, they're probably made out of the same parts and built in the same factory. Get over yourself.