data while on a call

shamelin73

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I have tried this will two phones now and can duplicate the issue.

while on a call start using data and the call will drop.

anyone else see this?

also when on a phone call you loose LTE speeds?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed this either, but I don't like how Windows Phone doesn't move objects down so you can still use the top areas of screens like it does on iPhone I believe. If there's a link at the very top of the page, it's impossible to hit without hanging up because the call bar is in the way. Just a nusance really.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have tried this will two phones now and can duplicate the issue.

while on a call start using data and the call will drop.

anyone else see this?

also when on a phone call you loose LTE speeds?

You can't make voice calls over LTE yet.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why the call would drop.

Either way, you can't make phone calls over LTE, so it switches to HSPA or 3G when you make a call. Even on HSPA or 3G, you'll still get data, just not LTE data.

shamelin73

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I will check the calls being dropped at another time. May have been a bad area both phones were doing it periodically around the same time.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Again its lte limitation and nothing to do with links. data will work but it has to drop to 4g

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
With GSM networks (AT&T/T-Mobile, and all UK networks, etc) 3G/HSDPA is capable of voice and data simultanuously (so I can be on a phone call with the headset on while checking the website I've been told about), but EVDO-REV or whatever the CDMA version of 3G is, can only do voice or data, not both at the same time. If you're with Verizon or Sprint, this may explain your issue.

Do a little more research before speaking so adamant about something and being quite wrong. Verizon does support simultaneous voice and data on CDMA and its called SVDO but it has to be done by the phone manufacturer. I have an HTC Rezound that is SVDO on LTE and 3G.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Again its lte limitation and nothing to do with links. data will work but it has to drop to 4g

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

LTE is 4G too. :p

With GSM networks (AT&T/T-Mobile, and all UK networks, etc) 3G/HSDPA is capable of voice and data simultanuously (so I can be on a phone call with the headset on while checking the website I've been told about), but EVDO-REV or whatever the CDMA version of 3G is, can only do voice or data, not both at the same time. If you're with Verizon or Sprint, this may explain your issue.

Do a little more research before speaking so adamant about something and being quite wrong. Verizon does support simultaneous voice and data on CDMA and its called SVDO but it has to be done by the phone manufacturer. I have an HTC Rezound that is SVDO on LTE and 3G.

The Lumia 900 is for GSM networks only, so Verizon and Sprint have nothing to do with this.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Fair enough then, I had never heard of that SVDO technology before, so I will accept that I am wrong here. Will edit my original post accordingly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes