Updated-White Lumia 900 Discoloring after 2 days

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE 6-8 (Pic Included)

From previous post:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900/192683.htm

Ok, the discoloration and marking is not from the cheap cloth like I thought. I have many marks, smudges, and streaking on the back of my white Lumia now. Its happened over the past few days. (On Picture you can see 2 streak marks bottom right of phone)

I thought maybe it was pen ink since I write a lot during the day and it gets on my fingers. But it doesn't wipe off of the phone. I noticed that the original marks from a couple weeks ago have faded a bit so maybe these new marks will too. Regardless, its still frustrating. I love the phone and don't want to give up on it so I may just put a case on it an move on.

Any suggestions on what to try as a cleaner? I just am using water now.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Have not touched a white Lumia, but if it's glossy, alcohol could possibly dull it. Maybe try contacting Nokia support. Bet they know what is safe.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Have not touched a white Lumia, but if it's glossy, alcohol could possibly dull it. Maybe try contacting Nokia support. Bet they know what is safe.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
I actually did contact Nokia (Not about cleaning suggestions though.) and got kinda generic "we'll look into it" email back. No Worries.

Will check their website for info on safe cleaning products.

FYI- I went into an ATT store to buy a cyan soft gel case (Biting the bullet as I didnt want to use a case.) I showed the rep my phone and she said they'll exchange it for me. Must admit, ATT has bent over backwards to help and support Nokia - A good sign. Nokia must really be supporting them.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I traded in my Cyan (that I got on release day) for a White one the day the white came out. Mine is pristine (I go Commando with my phones, no cases!), and I work in a coal fired power plant. That's right. Coal, grease, oil, and other wonderful products like that. The only scratches on mine are a very, very few right around the lens on the chrome on the back. The case has none. And even with all those weird chemicals and such, not one stain on the white. I don't baby it either. Use it all the time.
-joe-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo