L900 Music Volume Post-Update: Still Too Loud?

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally got around to applying the update to my L900 today. Prior to that I saw a few people mentioned that the music volume issue at 1/30 had been fixed. I tried it out myself and IMO the music volume at 1/30 is still way too loud. Unlike before there's at least a perceptable difference between 1/30 and 10/30 now, but it's still not good. When I say it's still too loud, i mean if you were in a quiet environment, such as a waiting room at a doctor's office, it would be obnoxiously loud.

Like before it also only affects music played through the onboard speaker. Headphone volume works fine.

Examples:

In Plants vs. Zombies, turn the volume down to 1/30 and music volume in-game as low as it will go without turnign it off. Leave SFX volume as high as it will go. Over the onboard speaker, music can still be heard well, but SFX are pretty much absent. Plug in headphones and then music / SFX are much more well balanced.

Also try playing a song, any song. When volume is at 1/30 over the phone it's still quite loud over the onboard speaker, but hook up any speakers or headphones and you'll barely hear a thing.

Can anyone else confirm that their phone is still like this? Is mine just defective???

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem to loud when I'm listening to music. In fact, I can barely hear it. The Titan on 1/30, now that's loud.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
...I was just coming to say the volume is too low and is there any way to make it louder. Took it on my first flight this weekend. Use the same Sony headphones I've had forever. Wanted to watch some Breaking Bad I got off the market place and could barely hear anything in the videos; couldn't watch them. The head phones were fine as I could hear perfectly when I put them into the armrest jack or into my iPhone to test.

Oh and this was at level 30.

clockworksnarf

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the "too low" crowd, bums me out that my 3gs is perceptively louder than my new more modern Lumia 900. The next phone better have a beastly speaker (or at the very least a decent speaker) or I'm afraid I would have to go back to ios (prays he never goes back)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Put me into the "too low" crowd as well! Just received my refurbed unit for insurance replacement last week, and the audio (ringtones, system tones) out of the speaker is super low. Even at 30/30, I struggle to hear the ringtones and notifications. On my last Lumia 900, I had no issues with it. The audio quality was quite nice and clearly audible. Now? It's hardly noticeable.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
concur with these comments. With no headphones plugged in, the speaker volume is too high at "1" and with headphones, the volume needs to be turned up very high to be effective.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
concur with these comments. With no headphones plugged in, the speaker volume is too high at "1" and with headphones, the volume needs to be turned up very high to be effective.

There is barely any different in levels from Level 1 to Level 5. The headphone volume also needs to be boosted.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So did all the latest updates to Tango, 8779, etc and unfortunately this volume bug is still around. A while back I contacted Nokia support and they suggested I do a hard reset. Tried that as well after the updates and it had no effect on this bug.

I've seen some people state that their phone no longer behaves this way or it never did in the first place. Is it time to push AT&T / Nokia for a device swap? This is pretty much the only thing that's marring an otherwise great experience with this phone, however it's a pretty bad bug :(

tboard24

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think a device swap wouldn't do any good. All the Lumia's are too loud through the speaker at 1/30. For the people having a hard time hearing things at 30/30, they might need to swap because both Lumia's I've had are very loud at full volume

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12