Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. massifheed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone in the UK bought a Lumia 800/900 last month with the free Monster headphones? I did, and have just tried to redeem the offer (as per Nokia's instructions) only to find that it says my IMEI number isn't a qualifying handset. I know it is, because it meets all of their requirements for the offer. I spoke to Nokia on the phone and now have to wait for someone to email me so that I can send over copies of my proof of purchase etc.

    Was just wondering if anyone else has either had this, or has successfully got their headphones.
  2. Cluelessjedi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #2  
    I am eligible to apply for mine on Friday, will let you know.
  3. massifheed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluelessjedi View Post
    I am eligible to apply for mine on Friday, will let you know.
    Thanks Cluelessjedi. I have a feeling it's got something to do with Phones 4 U not passing on the details of the handsets they've sold to Nokia, but that's just a guess. I'm currently waiting for an email from Nokia, but as yet nothing has shown up. :(
  4. HishamElfar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #4  
    I can't claim mine until the 22nd.
    Let us know what response you get.

    (I got mine from phone4u too)
  5. massifheed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #5  
    @HishamElfar - I had to scan and email copies of my delivery note (which has the IMEI number on it) to Nokia. I think they may have turned up today as there is a parcel waiting for me at home, but I won't know for sure that that is it until I get back this evening. Here's hoping though!

    To be honest, scanning and sending them proof of purchase isn't all that much of a pain, especially considering the end result.
  6. Gillozzie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by massifheed View Post
    Has anyone in the UK bought a Lumia 800/900 last month with the free Monster headphones? I did, and have just tried to redeem the offer (as per Nokia's instructions) only to find that it says my IMEI number isn't a qualifying handset. I know it is, because it meets all of their requirements for the offer. I spoke to Nokia on the phone and now have to wait for someone to email me so that I can send over copies of my proof of purchase etc.

    Was just wondering if anyone else has either had this, or has successfully got their headphones.
    Yes I too tried yesterday to register for the headphone and had the same problem with the IMEI number. I was also told to wait for an email which I have not received even though they said that it would be put through as priority. Beginning to think the whole thing is a big con to get you to buy the phone.
  7. massifheed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillozzie View Post
    Yes I too tried yesterday to register for the headphone and had the same problem with the IMEI number. I was also told to wait for an email which I have not received even though they said that it would be put through as priority. Beginning to think the whole thing is a big con to get you to buy the phone.
    I had to wait a couple of days at least before the email came through asking for copies of my proof of purchase. But my headphones arrived yesterday and I'm listening to music as I type this so can confirm that you will get your headphones. It isn't a con.
  8. FungalMonkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by massifheed View Post
    I had to wait a couple of days at least before the email came through asking for copies of my proof of purchase. But my headphones arrived yesterday and I'm listening to music as I type this so can confirm that you will get your headphones. It isn't a con.
    Hi massifheed and anyone else.

    I've been waiting 2 weeks for my email! Can you give me the address so I can be proactive please? Or better still, forward me the email that they sent you.?

    You can mail me at ilocal AT live DOT co DOT uk
    Thanks in advance man,

    FungalMonkey :D
  9. #9  
    I applied for mine 14th June and got confirmation at the end of the process that said my claim was successful but I haven't recieved them yet. I haven't even recieved a confirmation email to say my headphones are coming. However I did recieve an email from nokia saying "hope your enjoying your new headphones" and it wanted me to complete a survey to be entered into a chance to win a new lumia 900.

    Those of you who have recieved them, did you get any confirmation or despatch email? How long did they take to arrive from your successful claim?
  10. massifheed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron.primrose View Post
    I applied for mine 14th June and got confirmation at the end of the process that said my claim was successful but I haven't recieved them yet.

    Those of you who have recieved them, did you get any confirmation or despatch email? How long did they take to arrive from your successful claim?
    I'm sure I remember reading in the terms and conditions that you had to wait 28 days before you could claim them, and then after a successful claim they would be delivered to you within another 28 days.

    My situation was slightly different from the usual claims process in that it said may handset wasn't eligible. I had to ring Nokia support and speak to someone who then escalated it to the relevant department.

    I was sent an email which I had to reply to with copies of my delivery note/contract. After that though, I had no further contact. I was expecting some communication from them, but nothing. Then a couple of days later a parcel just turned up (I didn't get to choose the colour though). They were delivered by UPS.

    I would guess the difference there is that, for the cases where the website has said the claim is invalid, a Nokia support person has had to process the claim manually, and I guess this is quicker than the automated version on the website.

    A call to Nokia customer services should help though. I found them very helpful.

    08450455555

    I hope they turn up soon.
  11. TallPaul86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    #11  
    I too am still waiting waiting on Nokia sending me a set of Headphones - been a bit of a faff trying to get it however i hope Sunshine will fix it (yes, the cust service rep is named Sunshine, no joke!)

    Just hope I do get confirmation that they've accepted my proof of purchase
  12. sychosis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #12  
    I had a problem where I had my first phone replaced, when it came to redeem I had an error saying my imei was invalid, had to send off copies of the receipts. I finally received them yesterday, happy I got them but unhappy with the colour, they sent me black and I have a white l900 :(
  13. Speedysloth's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #13  
    Getting really frustrated now (not angry, just frustrated). I picked up a Lumia 800 today with the store advertising the offer, and thought to myself that this looks awesome.

    I get home and they have 150 left available according to the site so I get right on it and send a text to the number they gave... aaaaaaand no confirmation. Fair enough maybe you don't get one, so I call the customer services line (as I hear they are friendly) and get a really lovely girl on the other end who checks with the tech team; they have my request and I am in the database although it may take up to 36 hours to go live.

    Unfortunately I think the language barrier was proving to be an issue as when I asked "Does being in the database mean I have been allocated a headset or just that I am in a queue to be allocated one if I send you a proof of purchase" she just couldn't get it and just responded with "you're in the database". I just checked and the number is now down to 31, nope checked again and it's 30...

    If I don't get them I don't get them, I'll be gutted but thats just the way it goes sometimes; I just don't like not knowing :(


    Yes... I have had some of the most dire phones of all time
  14. sychosis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedysloth View Post
    Getting really frustrated now (not angry, just frustrated). I picked up a Lumia 800 today with the store advertising the offer, and thought to myself that this looks awesome.

    I get home and they have 150 left available according to the site so I get right on it and send a text to the number they gave... aaaaaaand no confirmation. Fair enough maybe you don't get one, so I call the customer services line (as I hear they are friendly) and get a really lovely girl on the other end who checks with the tech team; they have my request and I am in the database although it may take up to 36 hours to go live.

    Unfortunately I think the language barrier was proving to be an issue as when I asked "Does being in the database mean I have been allocated a headset or just that I am in a queue to be allocated one if I send you a proof of purchase" she just couldn't get it and just responded with "you're in the database". I just checked and the number is now down to 31, nope checked again and it's 30...

    If I don't get them I don't get them, I'll be gutted but thats just the way it goes sometimes; I just don't like not knowing :(
    I wish you the best of luck. I understand about the language barrier, I was on the phone over an hour, trying to get it through to them I didn't want to send anything back. Try this phone number 0845 194 7180.

    Looks like I'll have to stick with the black ones they sent me
    Last edited by sychosis; 06-28-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: extra
  15. nsp24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #15  
    I had to wait about 4 days for my email, posted my Prof of purchase on the Sunday and a pair of black headphones arrived on the Wednesday it all happened very quick!

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  16. Narr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    239 Posts
    #16  
    I've been having fun and games with them, firstly the IMEI number wasn't valid according to the website and now after sending the receipt off they want the IMEI number to appear on the bill; which mine doesn't. All in all quite a painful process and it leaves a slightly bitter taste in the mouth, why they couldn't just include a voucher in the box is a mystery to me.

Posting Permissions