My battery is terrible now

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've charged my phone nightly, and it is now going dead without even being used by mid afternoon. Seems to be a lot worse since the latest update.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any difference. How is your coverage? Are any towers being serviced?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What kinds of apps do you keep on your phone and how many of them are ad based? Ad based apps can take a toll on your power supply especially if you are in an area where the signal strength isn't the best.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Didn't add a MicroCell by any chance? They are battery killers. No change in battery life since the last update, except your battery meter will not change between 100% and 90%. After that it will increment 1% at a time.

Pretty consistent 1-2% drain at home and 2-3% drain at work while sleeping, with lots of background stuff (apps, mail, services).

Oh, and as a side note. While ad supported apps will consume data and battery when opened, when they are not being used they can hurt anybody.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Check your background tasks, I did it a couple days ago and I turned off some apps that didn't need to be running in the background. For one, I think one killer app was Nokia's own, "App Highlights", when I had that on, even when the phone was brand new. It killed my battery. Now, it seems better once I had turned it off.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've charged my phone nightly, and it is now going dead without even being used by mid afternoon. Seems to be a lot worse since the latest update.

I used my L900 the same way everyday, i haven't noticed any battery issue.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Drain your battery all the way. Until it says "Goodbye" and turns itself off. Then charge it all the way to 100%. See if that resets your battery calibration.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Got 3 days with the last charge, still had ~40% when I put it on the charger. And no, it wasn't sitting on my desk that entire time :)

I did see the battery meter move with 91% life left, verified through the Diagnosis and Battery Saver apps.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue, I ended up doing a full reset to correct it. Still never figured out what the issue was but now my battery life is more then a day at least.

Last edited:

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Check your power usage

Ok first start by enabling the diagnostics app. In your phone dialer type ##634# and then call. This will install the Nokia diagnostics. Go to battery status and look at the Current readout. If it is regularly above 200 mA and you are doing nothing you have a problem. The phone may even feel hot sometimes when you are not using it. First check your email accounts sync settings. They should be on push unless you receive tons of email as push uses almost no power until you get an email. Push still might be good even if you receive lots of email. To enable push for an email account you change the setting to "As Items Arrive." Exchange, Hotmail, and Gmail support push but Yahoo free does not. If nothing else increase the time between sync's and see how you do. Keep an eye on your battery usage and see if that helps. If not, check your background tasks and turn them all off. One by one turn them on for a while and see if your battery usage spikes. When it does, you know the app that is causing the problem. Now if that does not work you are left to a hard reset. If that doesn't work, you probably have a bad phone. My wife's 900 had this problem. Unfortunately it turned out to be a phone issue so I had it replaced and she was fine after that.

Good luck!

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Battery life

I forgot to mention. I have 7 email accounts and use my phone heavily and get at least 18-24 hours. Heavy gaming doesn't count as it will kill the best batteries. I've had 6-8 hours with heavy gaming which is respectable for any phone.during light usage I can go 1 1/2 to 2 days before charging. Since I replaced my wife's, her battery life is similar.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset wiped out everything started again from scratch since then it's been 24 hrs+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett