Citrix with 7.8?

pyro3113

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Citrix coming soon to Windows 8 | Citrix Blogs

Given Citrix's announcement and their careful wording "...Receiver for Windows 8 Metro on either your Intel or ARM based Windows 8 devices." I'd say it's a slim chance that there'll be a receiver for WP7.8 since none of the current devices (that I'm aware of) use either of those processors. I remain hopeful however... While I myself may be tempted to buy the latest WP8 device on release I would like to get continued use out of my current Lumia 800 seeing as it's only 6 months old for me now...

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Citrix coming soon to Windows 8 | Citrix Blogs

Given Citrix's announcement and their careful wording "...Receiver for Windows 8 Metro on either your Intel or ARM based Windows 8 devices." I'd say it's a slim chance that there'll be a receiver for WP7.8 since none of the current devices (that I'm aware of) use either of those processors. I remain hopeful however... While I myself may be tempted to buy the latest WP8 device on release I would like to get continued use out of my current Lumia 800 seeing as it's only 6 months old for me now...

ARM, to my light knowledge of programming, is a CPU instruction architecture, just like the more common x86 architecture is (Intel/AMD cpus). Right now, most mobile device are running ARM processors, and all WP7 phones are running ARM processors, that being the Snapdragon line from Qualcomm. It is possible, but unlikely. First the compatibility between 7.5 and 8 depends on programming language preference. If they use XML/Silverlight + C#, it is possible, as long as it does not depend on any WP8 APIs and such. Next it depends on user demand, is it investment worthy to do this for current users. However, according to one of the comments on the blog, it is being developed in WinRT, which I believe is native code shared by WP8 and Win8, thus killing any chance of a port coming to 7.5. Technically though, if they did make a 7.5 version, it should work with WP8, and it should work with Win8 in that case (unless compatibility between 7.5 and 8 is more of an emulation layer than something WP8 does natively).

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting this as well, but if they haven't made a Citrix client for 7.5 by now, there's a snowballs chance in **** that it's going to happen for 7.8.

I fully expect to see one on WP8 though. It's just as well, I expect this is one of those applications that is definitely going to benefit from the better performance on the WP8 phones, and honestly Citrix will be much nicer to use with a higher res screen anyway.

dmenglert

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
from what I understand, they are waiting for market share to increase a bit, Last I knew WP7 was behind IOS, Android (Windows and Mac ofcourse), html 5 and Blackberry. Last I knew WP7 was fighting it out with webOS (my rumors are dated), and Chrome OS. WebOS is dead as we all know (commercially anyway) and the Chrome OS receiver is out.

So maybe they are waiting for WP 8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs