Lumia 900 Echo problem

CQ789

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a thread or two on this already but those solutions don't help me. I have great call quality, but starting last Thursday, EVERY single caller I get has complained about an echo on their end where they hear themselves. If I use my bluetooth headpiece then all is well. But, turning down the volume below 10 makes it impossible for me to hear the other person. Is there a solution for this out there?

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Lower the volume 25/30 should be enough unless you're deaf. ;)

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

I think that is the overall volume for the device (apps, music, etc), phone call volume is 10/10 and most have reduced volume to 6/10 and either eliminated all echo or reduced it greatly. Neither have worked for me, thinking about exchanging again..

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I used to have an echo problem that was on and off. I've read other devices experience this too sometimes and it can be attributed to carriers applying some sort of voice echo cancel on their end. Since it just started acting up there's some things you can maybe try. First just try a power cycle, try just turning it off then back on. You may want to try leaving it off over night, it's a long shot but it couldn't hurt. If that doesn't work, you can try a hard reset and see if that does anything. If that still doesn't work your last option is to just warranty it or hope it just disappears by itself.

Ear piece volume only goes up to 10, which is just loud, but not really loud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon