XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. lunloon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I have installed both apps, and none of them shows any notifications when I get a mention (have set in the apps to show notifications when i get mentioned by anyone).

    I looked in the background task under settings. Mehdoh is there, Twitter is not.

    But I still dun get any notifications from Mehdoh.

    Anyone also has the same issue?
  2. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I use Rowi for twitter, it's got notifications (Live tile and Toast).
  3. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunloon View Post
    I have installed both apps, and none of them shows any notifications when I get a mention (have set in the apps to show notifications when i get mentioned by anyone).

    I looked in the background task under settings. Mehdoh is there, Twitter is not.

    But I still dun get any notifications from Mehdoh.

    Anyone also has the same issue?
    Twitter shouldn't show in the background tasks, it uses push much like Rowi. Have you hit your live tile limit or possibly run into the too many tasks bug?
  4. Bartdog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Am I the only person who actually likes the "me" tile?

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  5. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartdog View Post
    Am I the only person who actually likes the "me" tile?

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The ME tile is fine, just wish it also handled direct messages.
  6. emirozmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
    Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.
  7. lunloon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    I use Rowi for twitter, it's got notifications (Live tile and Toast).
    I tried the free one, but it didn't have push. The paid one does, but I dun wan to buy it before I really know it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagolara View Post
    Twitter shouldn't show in the background tasks, it uses push much like Rowi. Have you hit your live tile limit or possibly run into the too many tasks bug?
    Care to elaborate?

    Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
    Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.
    That's why I tried the official Twitter app. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it just never arrive.
  8. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunloon View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    With Mango you are allowed 30 (3rd party) live tile apps as an upper limit. For the task bug there is/was a thread theorizing that if you hit a certain number of background tasks, even if disabled, it would break some (all?) live tiles/push apps. I did a quick search but couldn't find it but remember seeing it in the past week to two weeks.

    I'd also suggest trying a soft reset (power off and on the phone) and then if that doesn't work try reinstalling the Twitter app.
  9. ctafield's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
    Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.
    Mehdoh runs as a background task, and polls twitter roughly ever 30 minutes or so, you're right, it doesn't have push. This is why you might not see notifications appear immediately .

    Rowi does have real push though, its just not real-time, (as you say, it's delayed by about 2 minutes at the moment).
  10. lunloon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    An update today:

    For some reason, Mehdoh decided to show me that I've got a new mention on the Live Tile.

    Why it started to do this I do not know, will monitor the situation as it continues.

    Twitter app, however, does nothing still. Uninstalled.
  11. samicp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    well, I got the same problem! no notifications for Facebook and Messenger after 8.1 update (I think also twitter)
    look, I don't even get them in the notifications+actions Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140418_0001.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	63530
  12. samicp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by samicp View Post
    well, I got the same problem! no notifications for Facebook and Messenger after 8.1 update (I think also twitter)
    look, I don't even get them in the notifications+actions Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140418_0001.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	63530
    holy crap, it suddenly works now! except for twitter though

Posting Permissions