Unlock a us AT&T

emirozmen

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
You should contact and tell your story to AT&T. If its reasonable they can give you an unlock code. But most of the time they don't. I have seen very rare cases where they gave the unlock codes.
Good luck!

Andyj1985

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You should contact and tell your story to AT&T. If its reasonable they can give you an unlock code. But most of the time they don't. I have seen very rare cases where they gave the unlock codes.
Good luck!
How would I contact them if any body would let me know I would be grateful

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
How would I contact them if any body would let me know I would be grateful

If you have service with them, then just dial 611 from your phone. If not, then good luck. Because I've never heard of them giving out unlock codes to non-customers.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have service with them, then just dial 611 from your phone. If not, then good luck. Because I've never heard of them giving out unlock codes to non-customers.

that's pretty bizarre logic....Nokia makes the phone, but some how I have to request service from a company I have no relationship with. Anyone see a problem with this scenario?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
that's pretty bizarre logic....Nokia makes the phone, but some how I have to request service from a company I have no relationship with. Anyone see a problem with this scenario?

I certainly do. I'm sure everyone else feels the same. But that's how it works. They have exclusivity for a certain amount of time with the phone. It seems to be standard practice between all major carriers. I wish it wasn't this way. I know oversees, most phones are unlocked and you can take it to any carrier you wish. But here in the US, carriers have us in a choke hold and government is allowing it.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Another reason why phones need to operate more like PCs. If you pay off your contract they should have to give you this info.

Will Nokia do it if you buy it straight from them?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The very reason why I always buy unbranded/unlocked phones.

Andy, AT&T phone number is +1800-288-2020 Try calling them and see what they say.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Another reason why phones need to operate more like PCs. If you pay off your contract they should have to give you this info.

Will Nokia do it if you buy it straight from them?

There is an international Lumia 900 that's available and unlocked. Only downside, no LTE, but does have HSPA speeds I believe.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I understand it because you buy the phone with a 2 year contract. At&t paid most of the price of the phone. The price of the phone is subsidized so that you can buy it at a more affordable price.

If you bought the phone at full price from at&t they still won't give you an unlock code. This part is the bizarre part, because they don't subsidize it.

Andyj1985

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the number I will try AT&T when I get the handset is there no groups that unlock these handset like dev tem etc a custom rom ?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the number I will try AT&T when I get the handset is there no groups that unlock these handset like dev tem etc a custom rom ?

no, you are SOL.

You can use these on Straight Talk with no unlock though if saving money on service is your reason for unlocking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb