Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ninjaap

I need to unlock a us AT&T 900 to use in the uk any ideas cheer

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    AT&T isn't releasing unlock codes, yet. No idea when they will.

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    You should contact and tell your story to AT&T. If its reasonable they can give you an unlock code. But most of the time they don't. I have seen very rare cases where they gave the unlock codes.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    You should contact and tell your story to AT&T. If its reasonable they can give you an unlock code. But most of the time they don't. I have seen very rare cases where they gave the unlock codes.
    Good luck!
    How would I contact them if any body would let me know I would be grateful

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyj1985 View Post
    How would I contact them if any body would let me know I would be grateful
    If you have service with them, then just dial 611 from your phone. If not, then good luck. Because I've never heard of them giving out unlock codes to non-customers.

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    If you have service with them, then just dial 611 from your phone. If not, then good luck. Because I've never heard of them giving out unlock codes to non-customers.
    that's pretty bizarre logic....Nokia makes the phone, but some how I have to request service from a company I have no relationship with. Anyone see a problem with this scenario?

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    that's pretty bizarre logic....Nokia makes the phone, but some how I have to request service from a company I have no relationship with. Anyone see a problem with this scenario?
    I certainly do. I'm sure everyone else feels the same. But that's how it works. They have exclusivity for a certain amount of time with the phone. It seems to be standard practice between all major carriers. I wish it wasn't this way. I know oversees, most phones are unlocked and you can take it to any carrier you wish. But here in the US, carriers have us in a choke hold and government is allowing it.
    palandri likes this.

Another reason why phones need to operate more like PCs. If you pay off your contract they should have to give you this info.

Will Nokia do it if you buy it straight from them?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,271 Global Posts
    The very reason why I always buy unbranded/unlocked phones.

Andy, AT&T phone number is +1800-288-2020 Try calling them and see what they say.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Thunder View Post
    Another reason why phones need to operate more like PCs. If you pay off your contract they should have to give you this info.

Will Nokia do it if you buy it straight from them?
    There is an international Lumia 900 that's available and unlocked. Only downside, no LTE, but does have HSPA speeds I believe.
    I understand it because you buy the phone with a 2 year contract. At&t paid most of the price of the phone. The price of the phone is subsidized so that you can buy it at a more affordable price.

If you bought the phone at full price from at&t they still won't give you an unlock code. This part is the bizarre part, because they don't subsidize it.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    Download Skype and abuse free wifi?

Thanks for the number I will try AT&T when I get the handset is there no groups that unlock these handset like dev tem etc a custom rom ?

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I see a HUGE problem, why does the MIDDLE MAN(THE CARRIER) HAVE SO MUCH DAMN POWER!?

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    Thanks for the number I will try AT&T when I get the handset is there no groups that unlock these handset like dev tem etc a custom rom ?
    no, you are SOL.

You can use these on Straight Talk with no unlock though if saving money on service is your reason for unlocking.

I need to unlock a us AT&T 900 to use in the uk any ideas cheer

For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to unlock your Nokia Lumia 900 phone with a help of online unlocking vendor.Then if you need free unlocking instructions visit Mobileunlockguide.com I hope it will be very useful to you.