Lumia 900, Play To, and Xbox 360 help

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get their Lumia 900 to connect to their Xbox 360 using Nokia Play To DNLA app? And if yes how did you go about it. Also, do you have the old or the new slim model? I've tried to get this to work on both my Xbox (old models) and my phone doesn't see the 360s. They are both on the same WiFi home network. One Xbox is wired and the other is WiFi.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox 360 isn't strictly a DLNA compatible device. So the Play To app won't work with it. However, Nokia have said that they will be adding Xbox 360 connectivity in a future update, so it is coming, but there's no ETA.

I did read a post from someone (I think on another forum) that said they had got it working through Media Centre, but I can't see how that would work.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they probably have a media center plugin that is a proxy for the WMP network service that fakes DLNA. It is a hack for a hack for a hack. I wish MS would just give up and support DLNA.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got Media Center talking to my XBox 360, but I have not been able to get my L900 to recognize any device using this app. Think I did read about someone doing it on XDA, eluding to XBox and Media Center, but without explanation. Would be nice to get it working.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I got Media Center talking to my XBox 360...

How do you find Media Centre on the Xbox? I have been using it since MCE 2005, and have always liked it. Even more so now that the fans in the new console are quieter. The only issue I had with it was recently I've found it lagging horribly on random occasions, but I think I traced this back to the PC network card settings. It's all good again now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3