Is Nokia ever going to fix the Lumia 900 camera?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
No offense buddy i can only teach if that someone wants to learn from the title of this thread it seems the author is blindly accusing so his solution can only be fixed by Nokia.

I can only teach those believe they need to improve in their skills not device problem. Feel free to PM me and ask any questions you want. Ill answer them

If the title is tips on how to improve my shots in nokia lumia 900 then i can put tips.

Perhaps you can lay out your settings for general for certain scenarios. I understand there are so many different variables that come into play when taking pictures, but most people with phones are simply, pull out phone, turn on phone, snap a picture, look at it, and determine if it is good.

If you can spell out your manual settings for:

outside day/night time

Indoors day/night

Settings when zooming in your lends.

It would be appreciated. If you can take those pictures with your 900, i believe most people would like help on how to take better quality pics, especially indoors or low-lighted areas.

thanks in advance

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No offense buddy i can only teach if that someone wants to learn from the title of this thread it seems the author is blindly accusing so his solution can only be fixed by Nokia.

I can only teach those believe they need to improve in their skills not device problem. Feel free to PM me and ask any questions you want. Ill answer them

If the title is tips on how to improve my shots in nokia lumia 900 then i can put tips.

Just PM'd you :)

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm really bummed about the 900's camera. I never really cared much about a cell phone camera, but recently went on vacation, and was using the camera more than normal. I was especially frustrated trying to use it for the WPCentral Photosynth contest. I could NOT get a decent panorama with the 900 - especially with the overcast weather where I was.

Any tips from anyone how to make this camera not suck would be appreciated.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, been away for a couple of days.

Have you tried running pictures through the built in auto fix? It is very effective, bordering on miraculous, at saving almost unusable pictures. If I could figure out how to put up pics in here I would show you some samples from my HD7, infamous for its poor camera.

Auto fix doesn't really help. The hue is too extreme apparently.

I'd recommend using Nokia's Creative Studio app or another photo editing app like Thumba. I find that using the built-in auto correct adds a lot more grain to pictures.

I have (or had) Thumba. It was possibly the very first WP app I purchsed. I noticed with my Titan that it didn't seem to support pictures correctly (they showed as 5 MP). I emailed support and they never replied. The final straw was when I found that they had basically rereleased the same app with a new name to get around having to provide updates.

Mate a "pro" can adept to any camera they use only amateur like you need a "pro" camera to look cool. That fact you created it for someone like you. I proven it with my photos and also UNEDITED. I dont need an iphone if i do ill become like you so its a NO NO.

Except an iPhone doesn't completely destroy your white balance.

A pro understand the capability and limitation of each camera they use regardless its a mobile phone , DSLR , compact camera because all this imaging devices have a common thing we call aperture, shutter speed , ISO , White balance , Framing , bokeh and etc.

For an amateur like you they only want to look good in expensive camera. So when someone hand you a cheaper camera their prespective is the more expensive the camera the more pro you look.

I will deal with it that you need an iphone. Pro do not need an iphone .

Yes, I'm quite familiar all that. I can, and have, taken quite nice photos with a point and shoot or even a cell phone. I'm not expecting pro quality from the camera in a phone. I will use my DSLR or my P&S compact if I am worried about that or know I will be taking pictures. I don't normally carry those around with me though. I use my phone when I'm out and need to take a picture spur of the moment and I'm probably not going to want to try to fix it in post.

Good equipment can't make you a good photographer but bad equipment can screw even a good photographer.

No, I just want my phone to capture the image I see without messing it up. I KNOW it's abnormal because I know what a camera should give me.

Despite your insinuations against me, I'd still like to see your tips. Those were some very nice pictures. You should make a new thread for it though.

bobosaur1

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
is there a setting to make the pictures look exactly like they are in the viewfinder?

mine sometimes looks fine and then when i take it the phone destroys it

played with an htc one x today... really have to say that the camera on nokia is dissapointing

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, i am hoping for some lowlight tips, but i haven't been able to get settings that are satisfactory.

Have you tried setting the ISO down to 100? I notice that noise is a lot lower at this setting. Also turning down the saturation helps as well for low light sometimes.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's why I use both the one x and lumia the camera sucks, for the lumia you ha e to be an expert to get it to take decent photos most of us are not

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
That's why I use both the one x and lumia the camera sucks, for the lumia you ha e to be an expert to get it to take decent photos most of us are not

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Just for your info the HTC One X camera its totally bull crap because if enlarge the image do not have image quality at ALL. I just dont understand how you people can be satisfy with such quality. Dont believe me try view your photos on the computer.

Try taking close up images the image come out dull and full of noise. I just cant stand it

Here some shots i taken with my HTC one X
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenokiagallery/sets/72157629662731678/detail/

The Lumia carl zeiss optics is stunning even the Nokia Lumia 800 as well. Here some of my work as well

Nokia Lumia 800 @ A story within a story by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 800 @ Haruhi Syaoran by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 800 @ Waterdrops by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 800 @ Leafs by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 800 @ Ai by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 800 @ Beetle by JTproductions, on Flickr

Guess what camera took this? by JTproductions, on Flickr

Here are more photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenokiagallery/sets/72157629369608885/detail/

Last edited:

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The carl zeiss optics is always been amazing. If anyone tells you that android take better photos ill be laughing my a** off. What about Nokia N8 carl zeiss?

Nokia N8 @ Terrapin in action by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia n8 @ spider in action by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia N8 @ Waterdrops by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia N8 @ Purple Flower by JTproductions, on Flickr

Dragonfly in action - Taken using my 2 hands + a Nokia N8 only by JTproductions, on Flickr

Here are more photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenokiagallery/collections/72157624928852359/

You know whats the biggest joke? None of this photos are even edited. Its stock from its camera app thats how powerful the carl zeiss optics is. This is my personal experience with all the mobile phones in the market. Android and iphone can never win a mobile phone with a carl zeiss lens.

Disagree? get them to take the photos i just took without editing and extra lens with their android and iphone

Want to be amaze how much details the carl zeiss lens can produce try view the image at 1024 X 768 then try view your android capture photos at 1024 X 768 and you will be surprise.

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried setting the ISO down to 100? I notice that noise is a lot lower at this setting. Also turning down the saturation helps as well for low light sometimes.

I usually keep the 100 on, will increase a level based on darkness, but 100 is default at this point.

Ill try the saturation see if that helps.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The carl zeiss lens is amazing. It's the 900 camera software/code/algorithms that are messed up.

It seems the L800 and the L900 have the same camera, yet the 800 takes better pictures than the 900.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
When I take pictures with mine it will sometimes strongly illuminate the center of the shot, what ever item it is, and leave everything around it pitch black, even if its not dark.

For example, this shot was out of focus so the camera did not focus on the object(Kitty) and you can see how light the room is.
WP_000240.jpg

This is the same location, but the focus worked, outside of the kitty, everything looks pitch black, even though the room was well lit.
WP_000244.jpg

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice pics. Would you mind sharing your tips with us? Did you have to change any of the default settings?

Thanks.

No, he's not interested in actually helping anyone take better pics.

He's rather just keep posting pics he allegedly took from a 900 and gushing about the Carl Zeiss lens and acting like everyone else is an idiot if their pics don't look like his.

He did imply earlier that if you PM him and kiss his *** as the god of Lumia photography though, he might bless you with some of his magical wisdom.

Personally, I don't take many pics with my phone anyway, I only do it for reference now, like to remind me of something etc. I've given up actually getting "keeper" pics out of this phone. But I've never really had a phone that took good pictures, so this is nothing new.

I'm not going to prostrate myself before Windowsphone7 and beg for the magic ISO settings. Clearly Nokia is doing it wrong when the cameras on the top phones on the market take great pics out of the box without any secret tips required.

I'm patient. I'll stick with my excellent digital camera for now when I need a pic that's actually in focus and that looks good. The next phone I buy will probably have PureView which I'm sure will take excellent pics without a photography course being required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99