What do you like best about your Lumia 900?
03-09-2013 05:13 PM
- I realize that this a forum and the nature of a forum is to attract people who are having issues and complaints, so i know by nature there isn't a lot of positive posts or at least the ratio favors the negative. I just recently purchased a White Lumia 900, and had a charging issue out of the gate, but was remedied by information I found on these forums, so i'm not complaining about the tech support angle of the forums.
What I am asking, now that my phone is working, and I have used it for all of a day, I am asking what do I have to look forward to? While I'm not exactly a WP7 Novice, I haven't been committed, My personal phone is a Galaxy Nexus, and my work phone is now a Lumia 900 (previously a Samsung Focus), so i am open to WP7 tips, tricks and advantages as well, as I'm sure I don't know everything about WP7.
I'll go first (as basic as it may be), I have always enjoyed the fluidity of my zune, and WP7 phones, and it took me a while to appreciate the integration with social services, I figured it would be watered down compared to the native app, but it does what i need with out calling up an app.
the phone it self is well constructed, my wife jokes that it should be called Ninja not Nokia as she thinks the corners of the phone can take some out if thrown properly.
I look forward to your feedback07-17-2012 08:20 AM
- How it attracts others around it. Meaning when someone sees you walking down the street and they turn around and see the phone... I mean since I have the Cyan one, it's pretty bright and different compared to other Black and White phones. I just love how different the phone is, compared to an iPhone.07-17-2012 12:56 PM
- What I like best? I'm not sure, but I love the phone as a whole. I went back to my iPhone 4S for a day recently and I really couldn't deal with it. I personally think WP7 UI is much more fluid and intuitive. I really enjoy the larger screen, the iPhone screen feels so tiny, it was driving me mad. I can't wait for 7.8 so I can adjust the tile sizes.
I just feel that I get a better user experience with my Lumia 900.07-17-2012 02:05 PM
- I love great my screen looks (when it's clean). I keep it on bright all the time. I also love how Nokia has supported this phone as well as the Nokia apps.
While my 900 is black I recently got a cyan jellcase and a lot more people are noticing it since I've added it.07-17-2012 02:37 PM
- For me the thing I like most out of everything (which is really hard to choose since I like the phone as a whole) is probably the screen. I think it's the most underappreciated item because of its resolution, but even comparing it with thereto a display of the iPhone 4S it just looks better,and I think that's attributed to the Clearblack technology, because even compared to other sAMOLED screens it just looks a lot better to me. But honestly,this phone is just really awesome t me, still stuck in that "honeymoon" phase.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express07-17-2012 03:36 PM
- The OS of course. The screen is beautiful, people comment on it all the time, it's lovely for watching movies on. The build quality, I love that it's a solid feeling phone that seems to have been carved out of a solid block of polycarbonate. So much nicer to use that a flimsy plastic POS with creaking buttons and ugly seams everywhere. I like that it doesn't look just another boring Android clone-phone. I love Nokia's dedication to Windows Phone. Their customer service is amazing, their pro-active efforts to develop apps and get third party apps made. All of that I appreciate very much.07-17-2012 03:43 PM
- One of thing i love the most is the Clear black AMOLED, auto adjusting the screen so i can see clearly on the bright sunny day. And of course
- I'm too sexy looks phone :)
- People take notice about the phone and ask "What type of phone is that?" all the time
- World class support from Nokia where they take the time to answer your questions and concerns about their customers.07-17-2012 04:29 PM
- 07-17-2012 04:32 PM
- I see I'm not the only one. I keep it on max brightness every chance I can, unless I'm some place where its forced to be dark (like a movie theater during previews) or trying to really conserve battery (on vacation or something). 99% of the time, I'm at full brightness.07-17-2012 09:14 PM
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro07-17-2012 09:58 PM
- 07-17-2012 10:00 PM
This girl I know kept saying today: "This phone is so sexy!" I was like YEAH! It's a Nokia Lumia 900! Not a lame iPhone which everyone else has :D07-17-2012 10:04 PM
- The brighter the screen, the easier to see in bright sunlight. If you don't want to keep it on high, try this: set your phone to high and then change it to automatic. Depending on where it wa set before changing it to automatic, will determine how bright it gets. So medium to automatic will not result in the same brightness as high to automatic.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express07-18-2012 01:11 AM
- 07-18-2012 11:27 AM
- I like how solid it felt in hand, I like the camera, I like many of the nokia app(still waiting for the camera extra update) and of course the OS. I have the black one with a few different cases.
Question for the people with cyan, does it get dirty easily? Is it easy to clean if needed? And what can I use the front camera for?07-18-2012 12:55 PM
- 07-18-2012 01:41 PM
- 07-18-2012 10:42 PM
- Windows Central Archives
- Windows Central Archive
- Nokia Lumia 900
What do you like best about your Lumia 900?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD