My computer won't recognize my Lumia 900!

campb3gd

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So, when I got home today, I connected my new Nokia Lumia 900 to my computer. It installed the "USB" portion of the software but it isn't recognized as the actual phone so when i try to use it with Zune, it says I have nothing connected.

So after all of that I notice I have a Windows update. I let my computer restart and it says the update is installing. So i think everything is going good but I was wrong. I plugged my phone back in and let it do its thing and it still won't recognize it. After this, I went to my Windows update history and it says that the update was unsuccessful! I tried all of the USB ports on my tower and have tried 3 different USB chords.

I really have no clue what to do. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them plenty of times; same with the Zune client. I contacted the tech support for my phone carrier and they said that it might be the actual hardware but I don't think that is it because everything else connects just fine, it's just this phone.

After all of this, I decided to try my friend's mac book out. It connected to it and I was able to sync everything but I still want to figure out why my computer won't recognize the phone. I've tried everything on-line and I really need some help with this! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

flashowl

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had lots of problems getting my Vista pc to see my Omnia 7. In the end I bought an official omnia 7 cable (instead of the generic one i had) and fitted it into my rear usb port rather than the front and it worked.

Are you using the cable that came with the phone when you bought it?

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me, I installed Windows 8 and it worked, but on Windows 7 it didn't work. So the only thing I ended up doing was restoring my laptop. It didn't matter to me, still wish I could give you helpful advice. IF you find a fix, tell us.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hang on...you never said specifically what the windows update was in reference to. It may have nothing to do with what you're attempting to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)