Lumia 900 dead battery, won't turn on.

Ryistech

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 900 for 1 day now, used all day, and battery went dead. I plugged it in last night and it went through a boot loop to a white screen then to a red battery then off again. Now after all night of on the charger it won't turn on. An when it does. It gets stuck on the rethink possible screen then turns off. How do I fix this??

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I would take it back to the AT&T store. It doesn't sound like there's anything you are going to be able to do at home to fix that. Even if a hard reset would "fix" it, I'd be a little wary of the phone after that and want them to check it out anyway.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I encountered this issue a few days ago...this solution worked.

My Lumia phone switched off because the battery was completely drained and now nothing seems to happen when I connect it to charger. What should I do? - Nokia FAQ Average RatingIf the battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is displayed or before any calls can be made. In some cases where the battery is extremely low, one of the following tricks may resolve your issue.

•Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable that came in the sales package with your Lumia phone. If the battery has not been used for a long time, to begin charging, you may need to connect the cable, then disconnect and reconnect it.

•Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds, and then press to turn on your phone again.

•Your PC should detect your phone when it is connected using a USB cable, if this is not happening you can manually switch the phone into specific mode following these steps:
1. Disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the camera button.
3. Continue holding down the camera button and connect the USB cable between your phone and PC.
4. Continue holding down the camera button until you see the connect-to-computer screen on your Lumia phone display.
5. Release the camera button.
6. The Zune software on the PC should automatically detect your phone now and charging indicator appears on the display.

If the tricks above does not help, you will need to contact your local Nokia Care. You can find details by clicking the Contact us link in the support pages of the Nokia website for your country.

Note: Your battery has been partially charged at the factory but when taking your new device into use, please keep the charger connected for 30 minutes. It is recommended to use original charger (AC-16).

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 Charging Issue - Nokia Support Discussions

mlistberger

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I encountered this issue a few days ago...this solution worked.

My Lumia phone switched off because the battery was completely drained and now nothing seems to happen when I connect it to charger. What should I do? - Nokia FAQ Average RatingIf the battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is displayed or before any calls can be made. In some cases where the battery is extremely low, one of the following tricks may resolve your issue.

•Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable that came in the sales package with your Lumia phone. If the battery has not been used for a long time, to begin charging, you may need to connect the cable, then disconnect and reconnect it.

•Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds, and then press to turn on your phone again.

•Your PC should detect your phone when it is connected using a USB cable, if this is not happening you can manually switch the phone into specific mode following these steps:
1. Disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the camera button.
3. Continue holding down the camera button and connect the USB cable between your phone and PC.
4. Continue holding down the camera button until you see the connect-to-computer screen on your Lumia phone display.
5. Release the camera button.
6. The Zune software on the PC should automatically detect your phone now and charging indicator appears on the display.

If the tricks above does not help, you will need to contact your local Nokia Care. You can find details by clicking the Contact us link in the support pages of the Nokia website for your country.

Note: Your battery has been partially charged at the factory but when taking your new device into use, please keep the charger connected for 30 minutes. It is recommended to use original charger (AC-16).

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 Charging Issue - Nokia Support Discussions
The battery on my 900 drained completely and then wouldn't turn on. It got stuck in a power on/off cycle as described above.

I used the method of holding down the camera button, plugging in the USB cable connected to the PC (which had Zune installed and which I had synched previously) and then continued to hold until the sync/connect to computer displayed on the Lumia (this took nearly 30 seconds). Zune then launched and allowed my to restore from backup. It wiped everything from the phone since my last backup (as promised) but it did get me back up and running.

BeetleBean

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me last night. The battery was completely dead, and it got stuck in the loop.

This worked for me, and when I searched online this morning, I found a few others who said it worked for them too.

I left it plugged in all night (but in the other's experiences, 10-20 minutes worked) then unplugged the phone, and pressed the power button. It now had enough of a charge to try to power on. Once you get the windows logo, plug it back in. I actually didn't get mine plugged back in, and it shut back down, but when I plugged it in, it charged properly. booting is enough to break it out of the loop.:cool:

HTH!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad that worked for you BeetleBean. The solution I have seen (but have not had the need to try) is to plug your device into a charger then press and hold the power button for several minutes (up to 30). As pressing the power button basically keeps your device off while connected, it gives your phone enough of a charge to get past the boot screen. Once that happens, charging should continue. In theory this makes a lot of sense. But I don't really want to test it if you know what I mean.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for that tip cj -m. I was nearly sure that my phone would never work again, and then I saw your tip and this worked perfectly. You are a legend to me right now.

GreatKevs

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just let my phone charging on the wall around 15-30mins. First thing happened, the three bottom buttons light up and after 5mins white screen happen and then nokia logo start lighting up and as it follows Windows logo appear and thats it! i didnt do anything ^_^ im lucky. just sharing :)

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue and I tried every trick in the book and nothing worked it never came back on, I lost alot of data but I did get a free replacement from att.

koyagi

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same - solution is easy....

From Nokia in Dallas, TX -
Lumia

Hard reset
1 - phone is turned off
2 - press & hold volume down and camera key together
3 - when holding down - press and hold power key.
4 - when phone vibrates release power key - continue volume down and camera key
5 - only let go of volume down and cam key when phone powers on.

(that worked for me - so easy.....)

or...

press volume down and power button together
when phone vibrates release both buttons.

Need computer with Zune software installed....
press and hold volume down - and connect phone to computer...
something will show up on computer - release volume down button.

i.am.mr.swift

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Gah, none of these seem to work for me. I have tons of USB cables around, and nothing seems to work. I even spent 20$ on a 2.1 amp ac adapter from the at&t store. still nothing. I do NOT have a OEM nokia charger, but that shouldn't matter, right? I have a samsung Galaxy S3 cable, Nexus 4, and a Palm Pre/Pixi cable, still nothing. I am losing my mind. I am stuck at the Battery with the red bar screen. The phone works, usually. Will boot to start screen, then says battery critically low, then dies. I have used every outlet in the house, which is a lot, and even my macbook air, and nothing. I will go back to at&t and best buy tomorrow, hopefully someone there knows what I should do. In the mean time, do you guys? Does USB cable really make that much of a difference?

garted

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
not sure if this will help or even if it's relevant. I had a very similar issue after replacing my smashed screen - the phone simply wouldn't boot, but went through a power on cycle approx every 12 seconds. After disassembling it once more, removing the battery from the backing plate (which I hadn't done when doing the repair) and manually connecting the battery cable to the phone (assumed the connector was in the right place on previous reconnections), everything worked as it should after reassembly - red battery line, reboot, battery critically low, battery charging.
My problem was simply that the battery connection terminals were not fully connected. Hope this helps.
Gar

Abraham Turcotte

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a mac osx 10.6.8 and used to camera button trick while plugging into my computer. Im using the windows phone 7 connector application and it worked up until i got the connect to computer logo on my phone which is now stuck (froze) and is not changing. What should i do??

NINJA141

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried these steps and it shows the connection to the computer on the phone but it wont show that its connected to the computer. i already had zune installed so when i do these steps it wont open zune i have to open it myself then it doesnt show whats on my phone and it doesnt charge it either. it keeps doing the loop thing where it shows a white screen, battery, then its dead.what do i do?

HUNGRYWOMAN

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
My husband was using his phone until it went dead completely. Stuck it on the charger and nothing happened at all. Wouldn't charge. I tried the one where you hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then push it again, and it worked!! I actually tried the camera button and USB cord route first, but no luck. Anyways, phone is charging away! Let me also add that his phone started not holding a charge but for a few hours over the last week. So, I really am not sure if this happened because he simply let the phone die completely, or that the battery is going bad. This phone is supposedly like almost 4 years old and I read that it was basically a flop. He got this one for free, though :) Anyway, thanks for the advice. I am grateful for people like you who post things like this. It is a major help and saves people like us time and money!! :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss