Cracked screen. What should I do?

zinrai

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I dropped my phone last night and cracked my screen. It's a thin crack running straight down the middle of the phone from top to bottom. My phone has been having a few issues before I dropped it, but I'm afraid Nokia and AT&T won't let me take advantage of the warranty since there's physical damage. Any suggestions on what I should do?

phreezerburn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
If there isn't...

If there isn't any impact damage save the cracked screen itself, absent severe chipping specifying an impact site, then they can no more pin it on a drop than anyone else. A flaw in the plastic the screen mounts into can create areas susceptible to stress within what should be design tolerance. On the other hand if you want to be honest about things, there are sites showing how to replace the screen and battery for the 900. In the end it's your choice to make.

If you have the option for replacement insurance for your phone and can afford such then always take it. It only looks like a waste of money right up to the point where used, then not so much.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
They won't let you take advantage of the warranty now. Keep checking Ebay for dud 900s - people sell them there who have no idea about the boot loop issue with low battery. I've seen ones like that go between $70 - $100 and most have good screens that you can just transfer to your old phone. Then sell the "Ebay" 900 with your cracked screen for $70 - $100 and just get your money back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)