Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi folks. Anyone know a way I can boost the volume on my AT&T-branded Lumia 900? Namely, the volume level it uses with bluetooth/headset. The volume is WAY too low, even with the phone and headset set to maximum, for me to hear. I know it's not a headset problem, as I can hear my work-supplied iPhone perfectly through the same headset.

Problem is, I hate my iPhone, and would much rather use my 900 for everything, so if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

BUMP!!

I feel your pain, I cant stand how low the volume is. Has anyone see an app or anything that increases the volume on the Lumia 900?

I have ESPN radio, and just trying to listen is HORRIBLE...I need to be in a quiet room or with noise cancelling headphones to make sure I heard enough. :@

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Same here, I noticed on my bluetooth hands free in the car I need to crank the volume and even then it's still kinda low, but using the handset itself is fine.
  4. Osz

I have the same problem. Audio volume over Bluetooth is too low, even at the highest settings. I'm hoping there's a solution, but I can't seem to find one.

Buuuuuuuuuuuump!

Global Posts
    688 Global Posts
    Thats interesting, my volume is too loud lol.

with Tango (2175.2301.8779.12223) sound is a bit louder than HTC HD7 at same setting (e.g., volume at 15). Volume at 2 is audible but listenable in a very quiet room. Volume above 23-24 is uncomfortably loud.

FWIW as described in other threads, the volume rocker also now functions correctly 100% of the time while the phone is in sleep mode (just like my 1st gen HD7).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by islehopper View Post
    with Tango (2175.2301.8779.12223) sound is a bit louder than HTC HD7 at same setting (e.g., volume at 15). Volume at 2 is audible but listenable in a very quiet room. Volume above 23-24 is uncomfortably loud.

FWIW as described in other threads, the volume rocker also now functions correctly 100% of the time while the phone is in sleep mode (just like my 1st gen HD7).

Cheers
    This helped NO ONE

I have had my 900 for a few days now. I too do not like the fact that the volume seems low. Either with or without my bluetooth, it is hard to hear the person on the other end unless I am in a quiet environment.:@

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    Volume without headphones- amazing.

Volume with my earpods- meh. I have to turn it up a lot.

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goff256 View Post
    Volume without headphones- amazing.

Volume with my earpods- meh. I have to turn it up a lot.
    I use Nokia Purity HD WH-930 and anything above 20 is amazing. Never came across low volume issue, thankfully
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    I use Nokia Purity HD WH-930 and anything above 20 is amazing. Never came across low volume issue, thankfully
    Oh, it's amazing when I hit the 20's.

I'm just referring to the fact that it's as loud in the 20's with my earbuds as the speakers for the phone are at lower than 5.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I don't get the volume issue on the Lumia 900. At 01/30 it is unusually loud, but the jump from 01/30 to 05/30 isn't too significant.

The one thing that drives me nuts is that I can't use this with AUX in my car all that well. I can't get the right mix of volume between both devices.

not quiet enough. 1/30 sounds like 20/30