Engadget reviews Nokia Drive

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It is great, though I have 2 complaints.

1. It doesn't use street names. "Turn left in 500 feet."

2. It doesn't integrate with your contacts. I know this is possible, because the Navigon app does it. You can search for a contact directly in the Navigon app, whereas in the Drive app you have to copy/paste the address.

Obviously it would be great if it was integrate into the os, but I know this isn't possible with wp7.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

2. It doesn't integrate with your contacts. I know this is possible, because the Navigon app does it. You can search for a contact directly in the Navigon app, whereas in the Drive app you have to copy/paste the address.

Very good suggestions!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
nokia replied on that article and said street names are coming soon. they are working hard to bring it in parity with the symbian version.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It is great, though I have 2 complaints.

Obviously it would be great if it was integrate into the os, but I know this isn't possible with wp7.

But I do like how you can copy/paste addresses straight into Nokia Drive's search bar whereas with Navigon it's one step at a time.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
nokia replied on that article and said street names are coming soon. they are working hard to bring it in parity with the symbian version.

Think that was also aimed at having a turn list! Which is another nag I have. I like having to see all my turns before hand so I can be a bit more ready then having to wait till almost the last minute in some scenarios. Street names and turn list, and hoping they just integrate all three apps, Transit, Maps, and Drives into one package.

Teamteal

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
does anyone else have problems locking in a signal at times?

i have had to resort to restarting the phone a few times in order to get a lock(and even after that it takes like 5 mins)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa