Camera Extras broke my camera?

Landslug

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I downloaded Camera Extras, and noticed that using the touchscreen to focus & shoot no longer works. After uninstalling the extras the problem remained. The app seemed to work ok while I had it. I have the Lumia 900 on AT&T, and I didnt see any available system updates (Hoping that might take care of it).

Anyone else have this issue, and is there a way to fix it without rolling back the phone to a restore point?

Edit: I installed Sophie Cam, and the touchscreen works with that.
Still not working on the built-in app

Last edited:

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that did you reach out to to nokia support for help if not go there att can't really help with what you are experiencing unless they replace the phone for you

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There's a Symbian Sophie Cam, but it's not a Nokia application, it's made by Nerd Attack!

Are you sure the Windows version isn't made by Nerd Attack! ?

Landslug

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset with holding down the power button, but nothing further. I'm hoping to avoid a full system reset. Sent email to Nokia, waiting on a reply.

Sophie Cam by Nerd Attack is the one I added as a test. Since the screen works on that but not the built in camera, I guess its not a hardware problem.

Landslug

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Is it enabled in the Settings ?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

That was it! I didn't think to scroll sideways to access additional camera settings, but there it was. I'm not sure how it got switched off, since I rarely go in there.
Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That was it! I didn't think to scroll sideways to access additional camera settings, but there it was. I'm not sure how it got switched off, since I rarely go in there.
Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

Glad to hear it's working now. :cool:

Landslug

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I reinstalled Camera Extras, and it didn't disable the screen function this time. Very odd!

On the plus side, I discovered that Sophie Cam appears to take clearer pics with better white balance. Maybe we'll get a software update to the built in camera.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I reinstalled Camera Extras, and it didn't disable the screen function this time. Very odd!

On the plus side, I discovered that Sophie Cam appears to take clearer pics with better white balance. Maybe we'll get a software update to the built in camera.

Yeah but they aren't high res meaning they won't look good when blown up on the pc.

Nokia really needs to release an update for thr camera, but since they did not talk about it yet, I guess it's not coming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss