Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Finally got my number to port over to Net10! My Nokia Lumia 900 is my first Windows Phone...as well as my first smartphone. I'm having some data problems, though. :( Data just is not connecting. And...well, I'll just copy/paste this from another forum. It explains my problem.

"Okay, I know I'm going to sound dumb, but I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong! I tried using the network settings app, data didn't work, and I deleted the Network Settings app. I then tried going under Settings-->Cellular and I put the APN as att.mvno (I didn't put anything else as suggested by people in threads I've read online). I'm able to send/receive phone calls and texts and I have a strong signal (it also has "4G" up by the signal strength reader). Might anybody please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!"

Or maybe it would help if somebody could please give me some directions for getting the Network Setup app to correctly do its thing. Thank you all very much! I really do appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

-J.D.M.

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    data can take a while to provision from NET10/Straight Talk. I didn't understand your post on HoFo and I don't understand it here. You don't actually say what you did with the Network settings app. Without the app, everything should work but MMS. The app is only useful for setting up the correct MMC.

Global Posts
    2,091 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    data can take a while to provision from NET10/Straight Talk. I didn't understand your post on HoFo and I don't understand it here. You don't actually say what you did with the Network settings app. Without the app, everything should work but MMS. The app is only useful for setting up the correct MMC.
    ^ That, and make sure you delete the settings in Settings > Cellular (seems to choose those settings over anything put into the Network Setup App) and also be sure to reboot your phone after entering the settings.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks. :) What would be a reasonable amount of time to wait for data to be provisioned and start working before I should start getting worried?

Global Posts
    2,091 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.M. View Post
    Thanks. :) What would be a reasonable amount of time to wait for data to be provisioned and start working before I should start getting worried?
    Not really sure, for me (Straight Talk) it worked instantly.
    These are the settings you're using right?

Access point name: att.mvno
    Proxy address: (leave blank)
    Proxy port: (leave blank)
    Username: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)

MMS APN

MMS access point name: att.mvno
    Proxy address: 66.209.11.33
    Proxy port: 80
    MMSC address: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Not really sure, for me (Straight Talk) it worked instantly.
    These are the settings you're using right?

Access point name: att.mvno
    Proxy address: (leave blank)
    Proxy port: (leave blank)

MMS APN

MMS access point name: att.mvno
    Data did eventually start working by itself. Just took some time to configure, I guess. However, with your help and information, I was also able to get my MMS up and running. :D Thank you very much!!!!

Global Posts
    2,091 Global Posts
    You're welcome.

may i ask what plan are u using in net10? and is your data limited to 1gb or 2gb? thanks.
    im planning to get an att mvno too and use a nokia lumia 900 :)

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadan29 View Post
    may i ask what plan are u using in net10? and is your data limited to 1gb or 2gb? thanks.
    Nice!!! I'm using the $50/month unlimited talk/text/data plan. I don't think data would truly be unlimited, but I think it would be more relaxed than, say, Straight Talk. I haven't heard of people getting in trouble for excessive data usage as much on Net10. I've had my phone going for a couple days now and I've been quite pleased so far (apart from having a hard time with the WP7 Slacker app...but that's not Net10's fault).

Thank you SO MUCH for the help! Finally have data and MMS capabilties with my new Nokia using Net10! I was assured by thier tech on the phone that the Nokia Lumia 900 would work fine. Then when it did not work following thier instructions tehy said "well e told you we don't guarantee..." blah blah blah. I called them 4 times and talked to 4 different people with varying degrees of knowledge. One woman tried to tell me my phone would only work in the ZIP code where I live... Oh dear... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)
    danart and aliiz0986 like this.

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.M. View Post
    Nice!!! I'm using the $50/month unlimited talk/text/data plan. I don't think data would truly be unlimited, but I think it would be more relaxed than, say, Straight Talk. I haven't heard of people getting in trouble for excessive data usage as much on Net10. I've had my phone going for a couple days now and I've been quite pleased so far (apart from having a hard time with the WP7 Slacker app...but that's not Net10's fault).
    Net10 = Straight Talk except you are paying $5 more. Same TOS, same everything except you are paying Carlos Slim $5 more each month.

Hi everybody! I have nokia lumia 800, and on net10. my data setup menu differs from lumia 900 menu, it only has fields apn, user namr, password, proxy server/url and proxy port. I tried different combinations of filled fields, but nothing works! I didnt find the thread for NL 800 so you're my last hope guys. Tech supp of net10 couldnt help me either.

Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Iatckova View Post
    Hi everybody! I have nokia lumia 800, and on net10. my data setup menu differs from lumia 900 menu, it only has fields apn, user namr, password, proxy server/url and proxy port.
    What you are describing is under settings->cellular->

you need to download Nokia Network App from Nokia section under Marketplace.

follow this guide for Data and follow this guide for MMS
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Still doesn't work(((((((

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi everybody! I have nokia lumia 800, and on net10. my data setup menu differs from lumia 900 menu, it only has fields apn, user namr, password, proxy server/url and proxy port. I tried different combinations of filled fields, but nothing works! I didnt find the thread for NL 800 so you're my last hope guys. Tech supp of net10 couldnt help me either.
    There are two choices for you to access internet.

Choice 1:
    Download "Network Setup" app from Nokia exclusive section of marketplace.
    once you run this app this will find several networks e.g. "AT&T 3G", "AT&T-LTE1-Lumia 900", and "AT&T-LTE2-Lumia 900", chose any of these and hit "edit".
    Internet APN
    Access Point Name: "att.mvno"
    Proxy address: "leave blank"
    Proxy port: "leave blank"
    User name: "leave blank"
    Password: leave blank"
    Save it as any "connection name" and internet should work.

Choice 2:
    Click "Settings" then click "cellular", choose "network selection" as "automatic".
    click "add apn"
    Password: leave blank"

Now internet should work.

If you choose to install "Network Setup" app and do internet settings in this app then "DO NOT INPUT ANYTHING IN CELLULAR SETTINGS" and everything should simply work.

I am not going to give any info on MMS. Hope it helps. Good Luck.

Tried it a billion times, tried every combination... I think I am just not lucky.

Global Posts
    998 Global Posts
    I tried using only Network Setup app, and everything worked EXCEPT music from the marketplace. If I tried to preview an album, it would say there is a problem with the network and wouldn't work. If I only used the Settings => Cellular setting, then MMS wouldn't work. What I did was added the MMS APN and Internet APN in Network Settings first:

Internet APN:

att.mvno
    everything else blank

MMS APN:
    straight talk (I tried att.mvno and that doesn't work so I just put some dummy text in there and it works...)
    http://mmsc.cingular

Then I restarted. Then I added the APN to the settings => cellular:

att.mvno
    everything else blank

After that I restarted, and at times it takes different combo/order of creating seperate APNs, but I got EVERYTHING (including music from Marketplace) to work. I guess people are saying only use the Network Setup app because it does work for internet and MMS, but it doesn't work for the Music section in the Marketplace.
    Net10 settings that i have working on my lumia 920. Text messages work but i haven't been able to send pictures messages from the messaging app. I have tried all the possibles gateways and different APN but still can't send pictures. Text , data and call works with no issues.

Data Apn settings
    Apn- wap.tracfone
    username-Net10
    password-leave blank
    proxy server (url)-proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    proxy port-8080

MMS settings
    Apn- wap.tracfone or att.mvno
    username-Net10
    password-leave blank
    WAP gateway(url)- proxy.mvno.tracfone.com or 66.209.11.33 or 216.155.165.40
    WAP gateway port-8080
    MMSC (url)http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMSC port-8080
    Maximum MMS size-leave blank

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Net10 settings that i have working on my lumia 920. Text messages work but i haven't been able to send pictures messages from the messaging app. I have tried all the possibles gateways and different APN but still can't send pictures. Text , data and call works with no issues.

Data Apn settings
    Apn- wap.tracfone
    username-Net10
    password-leave blank
    proxy server (url)-proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    proxy port-8080

MMS settings
    Apn- wap.tracfone or att.mvno
    username-Net10
    password-leave blank
    WAP gateway(url)- proxy.mvno.tracfone.com or 66.209.11.33 or 216.155.165.40
    WAP gateway port-8080
    MMSC (url)http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMSC port-8080
    Maximum MMS size-leave blank
    I have Lumia 800 on Ne10 wireless and I tested my MMS settings by sending a pic to my friend using MMS and it works. I am not sure if Lumia 920 has a seperate app called "network setup app" or inbuilt MMS setting within the OS. But my MMS settings are as:

MMS access point name : att.mvno

Please let me know if it works for you.

Good Luck!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadan29 View Post
    I have Lumia 800 and using $50 plan (unlimited talk, text, and data). Data is mostly unlimited if you browse web in 95% cases and watch videos here and there. I have used more like 8-9Gb without any problems but I have been blocked too (lol). That $50 plan may become $46 if you choose automatic recharge.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Tried it a billion times, tried every combination... I think I am just not lucky.
    Hey, I don't understand why I am able to use Lumia 800 on Net10 wireless and you are not. Are you able to access internet now or still without internet? If you haven't figured out then use this information below:

Click "Settings" then click "cellular", choose "network selection" as "automatic".
    click "add apn"
    Password: "leave blank"

Your internet should work after this setting but if you want MMS to also work then you need to download "Network setup" app from Nokia collection. Once you have that then you can use all the settings that I have described in my previous post and delete everything from the "Settings" and your network and MMS should both work.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    FYI - my MMS settings are a bit different (they told me they were changing the settings for users so depending on when you activate it means you have different settings)

MMS:
    WAP APN: wap.tracfone
    user name: (blank)
    password: (blank)
    Wap Gateway: 66.209.11.32 (this is not a typo, they're changing from .33 to .32 for some users for the last part of the IP)
    WAP gateway port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    MMSC port: 80

Do you still with the problem with the pics?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone. I am also using Net10 & i am having the same problems sending and receiving picture text. The internet works great, my Gmail & Live mail work great. Facebook updates work just fine. I am also having trouble getting yahoo mail to synchronize. I have tried all the APN settings that ever has posted & still nothing.
    Apn Name wap.tracfone
    profile catergory blank
    APN wap.tracfone
    auth type blank
    username net10
    password blank
    IP type blank
    proxy address 66.209.11.32 (also used 66.209.11.33) still did not work either one
    proxy domain blank
    proxy port 80
    can some one help me please?
    update: I got my problem fixed. Come to find out all about the Samsung Ativ s will pick and add all the right APNs and mms settings as soon as you put in the sim card. Since i am using net10/straight talk which use either Att towers or T mobile towers all i had to do was tweak the settings a little with the ones net10 gave me inside the att apn settings. Now my picture text work just fine! I love this Samsung Ativ S phone the internet is blistering fast & WOW the screen shows great videos & pictures. I say to everyone get this phone!!
    Last edited by Terry Carter; 01-15-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    I have a lumia900 & I'm using net10 my data settings doesn't have mms setting I can't send or receive picture messages or download apps can u help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast