at&t Tango update error 80180048

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the notification every time I plug into Zune and keep getting error 80180048. I updated to tango a few weeks ago via the cab files with no problems.
-I've reinstalled zune
-Used 2 different usb cords (white one that came with my lumia and black one that came with my focus.)
-I have Windows Phone Support tools installed.
-Switched usb ports
-restarted my computer (Windows 8 Professional 64bit (don't ask))
-Now I'm restoring my phone from a back up that zune made earlier while trying to update..
Any ideas???

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend restoring to a point before you did the cab update, and then updating properly.

There may be an issue with the particular update you loaded on there manually.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
So the hard resets didn't help my problem at all. I ended up using Nokia Care Suite to flash the latest update directly form Nokia. I lost all my texts but everything else is safe thanks to Skydrive.
I guess I'll just wait for the next official updates through Zune instead of flashing cab files.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Do we know exactly what causes the 80180048 error? Is it microsoft's way of saying "Hold your f'in horses and wait until WE release the update to your CARRIER!"
or is it something I've done wrong?
I read that some people were having the same error circa NODO and there was a "Walshed" tool to fix it.
That tool didn't work for me this time around. (I forced NODO on my focus and was eventually able to update just fine via ZUNE)

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you didnt apply both language packs needed or you installed too many. i did the same thing to a radar and just had to apply the missing languages and the zune updates proceeded properly.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Phirefly,
Hey, thanks for the tip! That's probably what happened. I did check the installed languages when trying the Walshed Phone Tool and noticed that there was TONS of languages listed under keyoards.
Oh well, you live and learn I guess =]

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
That's one more thing I love about the Lumia 900 :) We have the Nokia Care Suite to save our a55es if we do something experimental. To my knowledge our phone only has English and Spanish. Any languages more or less would cause the Zune updates to fail like you described.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Only English and Spanish? If I look under keyboards in settings, I see a huge list of languages. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
I agree. The NOKIA Care Suite saved my butt! I've always loved Nokia since owning a Nokia 5110 over 10 years ago!

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at region+language and look at the display languages. That's what I did for the radar and updated the only the ones listed and it worked. The radar had about 5, we only have 2.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
OHH!! Now I see that! Since having a windows phone since close to launch, I should know these things by now!
Thanks so much for all of your feed back! =]

guozi

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
phirefly, would you mind explaining how to apply missing languages during an update? did a web search and couldn't find any reference. TIA!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo