Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hasasimo

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Updated my Lumia 900 on AT&T yesterday. I ran the diagnostic and noticed that the battery drain is consistently 100 - 120 mA. Before the update it would usually settle down to somewhere in the 90 mA area. Then this morning I am going through my usual routine of taking the phone off the charger and going to work and after only 2 hours of use I am at 82% battery where usually I am still at 90%+. I haven't changed any setting on the phone so I would expect to get about the same battery life from yesterday to today. I was hoping for better battery life after the update since it stated that there were "battery life enhancements". Is anyone else seeing worse battery life after the update?

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    After the first morning, things appear about normal. 13-14% per hour with contact use (reading news and Board Express). I never got below 95mAh in Diagnostics, and now it is hovering around 101-106mAh. Remember that now your capacitive buttons are always on, and maybe they just did some recalibrating. Going to need a few days of use to draw any solid conclusions. So far though, no better-no worse.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Check to see that no background tasks were automatically enabled after the update. For some reason background tasks for my IMDb app were activated after the update. Go to Settings and swipe sideways to Applications > Background Tasks.

Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    Check to see that no background tasks were automatically enabled after the update. For some reason background tasks for my IMDb app were activated after the update. Go to Settings and swipe sideways to Applications > Background Tasks.
    +1

This is what I found after one of the previous updates, and would be the first thing I'd check if I noticed shorter battery life after this one.

Global Posts
    2,855 Global Posts
    Esp if you had the Contact share, once it starts working it creates a background task.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I had already turned off a couple background tasks that were new. I restarted the phone after posting this and it seems better. I'll give it a couple days to see if it is about normal.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express