Fragile gorilla glass?

perry34

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Have had my 900 Stormtrooper for only a couple of weeks now, and I've been very pleased with it -- until tonight that is.

I was out on our patio with the family, just sitting in a chair and chatting away when my phone fell from my jacket pocket. The phone landed face-down from a height of less than a foot.

Guess what? Yep, my screen cracked from side to side, right over the capacitive buttons.

Needless to say, I am shocked that such a wimpy fall caused this much damage.

Wanna know the truly sad part? I didn't get insurance on it, like a real moron.

The phone still works btw lol.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Pure bad luck. I dropped a 800 while walking from 3 feet on asphalt. It tumbled on the corners for a few feet and ended up sliding face down.

The corners where nicked a bit but the glass was OK.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Jazzi Kao

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I know how you feel. I'm in school taking my test when my phone falls bouncing off my chair then to the tile floor. I shrugged it off because it happens a lot to me because you know how girls pant pockets are and every time it happened, it NEVER cracked. i dropped it flat on concrete before it also NEVER cracked. this one time that was less than 4 ft (which is the usual drop height for my phone) it cracked at a drop probably 1.5 - 2 ft. my lumia 920 cracked badly too i spent the entire day just getting small specks of glass out of my pocket because i still needed it in my pocket because i use it to do school work in my spare time.:angry::angry::angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss