Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. jsooks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #1  
    Hi Everyone, I came from android and fell for the Lumia 900 and windows phone OS. I bought one second hand and just activated it with straighttalk. So far so good, one quip is that the battery drains fast other than that i love the phone. Does anyone have straighttalk as well? comments, tips, complaints?

    John
  2. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,275 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    #2  
    Download the Tango update if you haven't already.

    And welcome aboard. :)
  3. jsooks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #3  
    thank you already updated and I love the phone, its a lot different from android, one thing i noticed if am an searching for a number on bing it doesn't link the phone number directly as android did...and YP search sucks
  4. sdreamer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    395 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsooks View Post
    thank you already updated and I love the phone, its a lot different from android, one thing i noticed if am an searching for a number on bing it doesn't link the phone number directly as android did...and YP search sucks
    What do you mean by searching for a number? You mean like smart dialing? It's a shame that WP doesn't have Smart Dialing (dial number to find contact) built in, but there is a really good dialer app called RapDialer that can accomplish this. You can even pin it and customize the tile to make it look like the dialer app for your phone.
  5. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,570 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm on ST with a Titan and everything works fine except I have to switch between APN profiles when I want to get an MMS.
  6. Ramircat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #6  
    just to chime in quickly, i too have straight talk and managed to easily modify my sim card into micro sim size and works perfectly, great coverage and decent speeds. cant go wrong with straight talk.
  7. Apoc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    #7  
    Can I actually keep my current number switching over to ST? Also, how is the nationwide coverage with ST?
  8. jsooks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #8  
    Yes you can you can port your number! I switched from virgin mobile and they ported the number within 2 hours. I really like the service so far, no complaints. Just that the headset has no call volume that I havn't figured out a fix for yet.
  9. jsooks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #9  
    Well, I meant when you are searching for a number on a web search, but bing has the local tab and you can click on the number right from there, so I take my comment back.

    Does anyone know when 7.8 is rolling out?
  10. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,275 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsooks View Post
    Well, I meant when you are searching for a number on a web search, but bing has the local tab and you can click on the number right from there, so I take my comment back.

    Does anyone know when 7.8 is rolling out?
    No release date yet. If I had to guess, November.
  11. jsooks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #11  
    I guess we have to wait patiently
  12. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Can I actually keep my current number switching over to ST? Also, how is the nationwide coverage with ST?
    Support - Service Area


    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  13. jbjtkbw00#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    #13  
    What speeds are you guys seeing with Straight Talk? I'm going to be a new user to ST. I ordered my micro-sim and am just waiting to receive it. I'm at least hoping for HSPA+ speeds because I know I won't get LTE.

    Also, how easy is it to change the apn settings?
  14. WhiteNiteLite's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    84 Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw007 View Post
    What speeds are you guys seeing with Straight Talk? I'm going to be a new user to ST. I ordered my micro-sim and am just waiting to receive it. I'm at least hoping for HSPA+ speeds because I know I won't get LTE.

    Also, how easy is it to change the apn settings?
    I've been getting speeds fairly consistent with what I used to get with AT&T. If you used to get HSPA+ speeds before, you should be able to still get it now (Straight Talk does use AT&T's network after all). In terms of changing the APN, its fairly easy. Just download the Network Setup app from the marketplace.
  15. trazer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    #15  
    Straight talk uses ATT service when you chose the ATT sim when you purchase it. Same exact service area, it's just an ATT MVNO provider.

    I'm using them on my Titan II and they work fine, no idea on speed, my phone says 4g and works fine for my uses so I've never even checked.
  16. chris4404's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsooks View Post
    Hi Everyone, I came from android and fell for the Lumia 900 and windows phone OS. I bought one second hand and just activated it with straighttalk. So far so good, one quip is that the battery drains fast other than that i love the phone. Does anyone have straighttalk as well? comments, tips, complaints?

    John
    Where did you get an unlock code for it?
  17. jsooks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #17  
    you don't need one if you have an At&t or T-mobile phone

Posting Permissions