Weird Glitch with my release day 900 - Tell me turning on while music plays

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i was shipped off across the country for work to south carolina and prepared to use my 900 as my music device while i fly and stuff. I have used this phone for music with no issues before.

So when i started playing music today, the speech recognition prompt would come on waiting for a command after each song was finished. Not only that, the prompt would come on when i opened other apps as well, but again, every time a song ends and a new one starts, the prompt comes on.

The next issue is that the sound is way off. The vocals sound like tin can echo while the instrumentals are enhanced, kind of like how people use to use progrmas to create karaoke mp3s to drown out the vocals.

The thing is i've used this device with the same set of headphones with no issues while listening to music, this issue is only after the tango update.

That is not all, after a bit, the phone started restarting over and over and over again. My battery was still at 80% and it would restart non stop. I would shutdown my phone and turn it back on and it would not stop restarting.

So i eventually had to factory reset and redo all my settings and get all my apps. The restarting thing has been fixed so far, but the music playback is still off. Anybody have any issues with the music playback after the tango update? I have beats headset and i've this headset with this same device prior to tango and it worked fine. Now, the beats headset sounds fine playing off my laptop, but the sound is still bad through the 900 device after the reset.

Anybody know a fix, experienced this, have suggestions?

May just get warranty exchange.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Did your phone take in humidity? Water,rain,snow,sweat(pocket)..ect....

It sounds like a hardware issue unless its a bug in the software but if it's a bug you shouldn't be the only one.

You still in warranty?

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
On my L900 even before the tango update it would turn on while I was typing a message or a facebook/twitter response it would just turn on and I have to hit the back button to get back to my writing. I just back out and keep going. Not sure why its happening or how to stop it not annoying
too much yet!

EDIT: I discovered when it opens like that I just say " Go away" and it closes!

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Did your phone take in humidity? Water,rain,snow,sweat(pocket)..ect....

It sounds like a hardware issue unless its a bug in the software but if it's a bug you shouldn't be the only one.

You still in warranty?

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

I should be under warranty assuming a one year warranty from purchase date of April. Ill have to call, but there was no issue prior to tango.

no issues with rain snow water damage at all. Everything worked fine until after tango update. The phone worked fine up until i started using music then everything went all down hill.

waynejk

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
You're experiencing the same problems I had back in May when I first got the Lumia 900. My first unit had the TellMe problem and constantly required soft resets. When I exchanged that unit, the second one had the audio problem exactly as you describe. It sounds like the midrange EQ is turned all the way down and all that's left is bass and treble. The in-store AT&T rep insisted it was my headphones even though the first phone worked fine with the same pair. Finally the third phone has worked great since that time, even after the Tango update. I really think the only solution is to get it replaced. Luckily mine all happened within the first 30 days so it wasn't much of a hassle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs