Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I first got the phone I loved it. However I feel like I have ha more problems since the last update than when I bought the phone. I must have reformatted at least three times in the last 2 months.

Some Problems:
    - Out of nowhere, certain applications will stop working, like messaging or my phonebook, in which case I will have to do a hard power down.
    - At least once a month my gmail will lose the ability to sync to the phone.
    - The phone will randomly shutdown while in the process of doing something (say like typing fast).

Am I an ***** or is this a phone problem. I have the latest update, but these problems are making want to smash this f'ing thing. Do I have any recourse through ATT? Any thoughts appreciated. :mad:

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Well your phone is still under warranty. Did you force update or wait for AT&T to push it out? No problems pre or post Tango with my phone. Has never powered down or auto-rebooted (my Surround did that plenty). Had some little glitches, the the camera button not always waking the phone, but the last update fixed. Maybe you should talk to someone at AT&T.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Well your phone is still under warranty. Did you force update or wait for AT&T to push it out? No problems pre or post Tango with my phone. Has never powered down or auto-rebooted (my Surround did that plenty). Had some little glitches, the the camera button not always waking the phone, but the last update fixed. Maybe you should talk to someone at AT&T.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Idk, I just updated as alerted by ATT. Yeah Ill have to talk to a rep. I was just curious to hear some other peoples experiences.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    My phone seems to run slower sometimes since Tango. Sometimes opening built-in apps takes several seconds, where it was virtually instant before. Other than that, no problems (except for the capacitive buttons activating themselves during games, but that occurred before the update).

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    I have two Lumia 900s. The first I've had a few months and the second I got about a month ago. Both have been working excellently so far (knock on wood...) with no issues. Both are on AT&T and updated to Tango. I'd start agitating (politely) for a new phone with AT&T if yours keeps misbehaving that much, because it doesn't seem typical.

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    No problems here, I have been rocking my white L900 since launch and its a champ! Even after I dropped it down three flights of stairs and it ate it back side first on the concrete.
    --
    "A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession."
    Albert Camus

I have 2 with zero issues. Dropped mine 3 times too. The corners are scratched up but that's it. By far the least issues I ever have in any mobile device I've owned in 15 years.

You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)

Global Posts
    1,437 Global Posts
    I've had limited issues with like the phone rebooting once because of all the gifs i was trying to look at in a forum :o

My device was a launch device and really had no issues until i went on a business trip last week. The phone showed no signs of issues before i went on trip, but then once i put in headphones, the phone went crazy.

Once i put in headphones you can hear a lot of feedback although music was not playing and then the tellme speech thing kept popping up asking me to say stuff. YOu close it, the music continues, but after each song ended, the tellme prompt would pop up again.

Then opening apps wuold result in the tellme prompt. Then the sound quality was terrible as well with the vocals drowned and the base bumped up, it was like somebody tried to make a karaoke version of the song.

I had no issues before this as i went on multiple trips with this phone and didn't suspect antyhing was wrong until i actually used it for music.

Got warranty exchange and all is good for now. Lets see if this one holds up, i have another trip in a month.

Thanks for the responses. And now my text messaging is going haywire. Who the text is from is no longer shown, just the number. Occasionally the message will become "read only" and wont let me respond to a person in the thread. Thus to repeat text someone I have to continually punch in their number. This is getting old. I took it to a ATT service rep and he reformated it (as if i hadnt already done so 3+ times). I need to take it back in. Maybe its a problem resulting from it being one of the first round of phones?

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timpursey View Post
    Thanks for the responses. And now my text messaging is going haywire. Who the text is from is no longer shown, just the number. Occasionally the message will become "read only" and wont let me respond to a person in the thread. Thus to repeat text someone I have to continually punch in their number. This is getting old. I took it to a ATT service rep and he reformated it (as if i hadnt already done so 3+ times). I need to take it back in. Maybe its a problem resulting from it being one of the first round of phones?
    Yeah, get a replacement. You've already done enough hard resets and the problems keep coming back anyway.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013