Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

70 Posts
    Can I set different sounds for new emails on the NL900? It's driving me a bit batty that all new email sounds the same. I'd like to prioritize!

Third party apps are welcome.
  2. Best Answer

3,242 Posts
    Nope. Can't do that and I haven't see a 3rd party app that could.

52 Posts
    hands down my biggest annoyance. its insane that this cant be done. so angry.....:mad:
  5. sr!

68 Posts
    Can someone confirm if this has been addressed in either 7.8 or WP8? This is what I want
    Gmail: Turn off sound
    Live: just vibrate
    Outlook/Exchange: Beep/Sound.

Also, for other apps, I should be able to turn on or off for each app individually, instead of saying "sound on for all notification". For example: Turn it on for whats app. turn off for words by post./wwf,

Its a very simple thing, yet MS missed it?
    You set email sound notification through settings>ringtones+sound...but its only predefined tones

450 Posts
    MS missed a lot of things. WP8 doesn't address this issue, yet. I would just like to have the ability to have custom email and text tones period. The built ins all sound the same. Its amazing, BB had this 6 or 7 years ago? MS better get on it or be happy floundering at the bottom.

1 Posts
    I changed the settings to manually download the unimportant email account so i only get auto sounds with the account I want.

1 Posts
    turn off sounds in outlook settings; create a rule (with "Rules & Alerts") while in the specific account, select "play sound" for any message "sent through specified account". select the sound you want. defaults to windows sounds, you can probably browse to any sound file. good luck.