Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By williewillus

The Lumia 900 is my first Windows Phone. As soon as I got it I set up Facebook as an account and installed the FB app, and very soon afterwards stopped receiving email notifications from FB. I thought something else might be the cause, but notifications are enabled in the FB web UI and they're not going into my spam folder. And, I do get other alert emails from FB, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with my email. So, at first glance it seems the problem might be related to having set up the FB account and/or installing the FB app.

Also, recently as an alternative I decided to use the FB live tile and enable push notifications (which I hadn't previously), but have found that they also don't work; I have notifications, but the live tile shows nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and re-added, but haven't seen any change.

Right now I have the FB app uninstalled and the FB account removed from the phone, to see if I get email notifications again, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing these issues and, if so, whether you've found a solution? I don't go on FB often, so receiving notifications by some means is pretty useful to me.

Thanks!

Previously I received Toast Notification and my live tile would update to show how many notifications I had, however now I only receive Toast notifications and no matter what I do cannot get live tile to update with notification count.

I am wondering if this happened with Tango update or last FB app update?
    It seems to tie up with those times.

P.S> this is on a HTC TItan but similar issue so must be not limited to one device type!
    Last edited by shaunydub; 09-25-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Additional info

Simply put, the Facebook app for WP7 sucks :P
    drummer07#AC likes this.

I'm getting a similar problem with my Lumia 800. Though I get notifications from my Facebook posts, when I try to read them the Lumia wont show the comments, just the original publication. I've contacted Nokia and they say it's a general problem caused by Facebook servers... So I'm afraid we can do nothing but wait.