Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Opinions on the NL900. Some trolls, some fanboys, some good statements. Pretty much the internet.
    How would you change Nokia's Lumia 900? -- Engadget

A lot of people see the NL900 only as a rush effort to get into the US market. A stop gap measure.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    1,934 Global Posts
    I put "Allow it to be updated to Windows Phone 8!"
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I did too. I seen many of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    I put "Allow it to be updated to Windows Phone 8!"

Since I'm banned from posting on Engadget I'll post what I think here...

Honestly, I wouldn't change anything. I love my 900. I bought my first WP7 phone on launch day and upgraded to the 900 when it came out. I don't regret not waiting for the 920 because I'll be getting the 7.8 update, which I'm sure will keep my phone running smooth and not sluggish like when older iPhones get updated to the new OS. Anyone who bought a 900 with the expectation to upgrade to WP8 were delusional at best.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Delusional? For thinking their device, bought in 2012 [released in April/USA] would be getting a update that's being released in 2012? I wouldn't call them delusional, but early to the party without all the information.

I said on engadget that I wish it was updatable to WP8. But I've yet to see WP7.8 for myself, so that might be a false statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Ace View Post

Honestly, I wouldn't change anything. I love my 900. I bought my first WP7 phone on launch day and upgraded to the 900 when it came out. I don't regret not waiting for the 920 because I'll be getting the 7.8 update, which I'm sure will keep my phone running smooth and not sluggish like when older iPhones get updated to the new OS. Anyone who bought a 900 with the expectation to upgrade to WP8 were delusional at best.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but the part about upgrading I disagree. I am fine with it, but you should expect normal cycle updates to your OS on the phone. I am sure these new win 8 phones will update for 24-36 months.

That said happy Chase added app today in the store! I have everything I need now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Ace View Post