Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Leaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
       #1  
    So I've had a Lumia 900 for almost a week now--decided to give it a try instead of the iPhone 5, to see if I'd prefer to go to a 920. So far I'm liking it, but I have an issue with the LTE connection.

    The phone will switch from LTE to 4g and never go back until the radio is restarted via switching to Airplane mode and back.

    Is anyone else having this problem? I have all updates installed.
  2. DeWize1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #2  
    I had this problem for a little after returning to the states from China. I had contacted ATT to see if it was just a tower issue, but they told me all the towers were up in my area. Restarting my phone did nothing either, so eventually I just removed the SIM and put it back in, and LTE came right back on and no more problems. I hope this helps. BTW i have a Lumia 900 too.
  3. n3rfh3rd3r's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #3  
    I had mine do that this morning. My previous Lumia didn't do this to me and it was a white Lumia 900 that I purchased from an AT&T corporate store. Not sure if one model, batch or color is more prone to radio issues than the others but I cannot get mad about it unless it happens more often. To be fair, my HTC One X did this several times.
  4. mindfrost82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    #4  
    I've had a few phones do this...before LTE, it was an issue switching between 3G and Edge.

    My 900 will do it on occassion, but not very often and I'll either toggle Airplane Mode or just reboot the phone to get out any quirks (which I usually don't have to do with WP compared to Android and even iPhone).
  5. Leaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
       #5  
    Tried removing and reinserting the sim, but still have the problem. Seems to be mostly at home though--at least today I haven't noticed it anywhere else. I get a good 3-4 bars on LTE at home, so I'm not sure what the issue would be there.

    I've never noticed losing LTE on my iPad at home, but this is the first LTE capable phone I've had. It happens multiple time through the day at home. Once LTE drops and the phone reads 4G it will never pick up LTE again until the radio is cycled.
  6. Xsever's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaver View Post
    Tried removing and reinserting the sim, but still have the problem. Seems to be mostly at home though--at least today I haven't noticed it anywhere else. I get a good 3-4 bars on LTE at home, so I'm not sure what the issue would be there.

    I've never noticed losing LTE on my iPad at home, but this is the first LTE capable phone I've had. It happens multiple time through the day at home. Once LTE drops and the phone reads 4G it will never pick up LTE again until the radio is cycled.
    Download the network setup app and make sure the LTE setting is setting is selected. On mine I can choose the 3G settings or the LTE settings.

    Maybe this will solve it.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
  7. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    #7  
    Did you get a new micro-SIM with the L900? The micro-SIM needs to be provisioned for LTE. Just a thought.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
  8. Leaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
       #8  
    Doesn't the fact that I do get LTE suggest the SIM is provisioned for LTE? Would I even get LTE if it wasn't?

    I've just downloaded the Network Setup app, and it gives me three options:

    AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia 900
    AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia 900
    AT&T 3G

    It was set to LTE 1, but I've changed it to LTE 2 just to see what happens. I did this while stuck in 4G mode, and it didn't change to LTE until I cycled the radio via airplane mode.

    Not to change the thread direction--but I'll also mention that for some reason, I cannot get texts through to this phone from outside of AT&T. Other AT&T sources can text me fine, but other carriers cannot. AT&T claims the provisioning is all correct. It is a newly ported in number as of a week ago.
  9. hossiam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Download the network setup app and make sure the LTE setting is setting is selected. On mine I can choose the 3G settings or the LTE settings.

    Maybe this will solve it.
    how were you able to download the network set up app? I also live in Canada and it is not allowing me.
  10. Xsever's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hossiam View Post
    how were you able to download the network set up app? I also live in Canada and it is not allowing me.
    The Lumia I have is a replacement which Nokia directly sent me. I have access to many apps Canadian users don't. I was just lucky with the device I got I guess.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
  11. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaver View Post
    Doesn't the fact that I do get LTE suggest the SIM is provisioned for LTE? Would I even get LTE if it wasn't?
    .
    Well, I am not an AT&T Engineer, so I don't know. But I do read alot, and several users who moved their micro SIM from iPhone to L900 had erratic data issues, so it was a question.

    But it sounds like you answered the question anyway. When all else fails, there is always a hard reset. Has been known to solve lots of mysteries.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Posting Permissions