Which SIM Card to buy for StraightTalk on Unlocked Lumia... ATT or GSM?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Bump, I just want to get confirmation that the Lumia 900 does work on Straight Talk without any loss of functionality (MMS, etc). I'm going to be giving my old 900 to a family member on ST and don't want to give a ****ty gift. :p

Also does anyone know any good resources to find out what else works on ST? I have someone with an unlocked Verizon HTC Trophy (CDMA/GSM) that might want to shift to ST as well.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is this a WalMart operation? Didnt know that. Sigh.

I've been reading some reviews, its been 50/50. Not too sure if I'm ready to make the leap.

Dunno what the problem with that is, but if you want the same service and can't fathom the thought of shopping at walmart (oh the horror!) then you can pay $50 and use NET10.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset and I am trying to unlock it with the code via the phone dialpad, but I cannot get the "P", "W" or "+" characters to appear. The instructions say...

The letter p appears if you press the button star(*) three times quickly
The letter w appears if you press the button star(*) four times quickly
The symbol + appears if you press the button star(*) two times quickly

...but it doesn't work. If I press * 3 times quickly I get 3 stars. And I have tried it at all varying degrees of "quickly". I must be msising something...

If I were you I wouldn't mess up with the ROM's (Builds) as AT&T's builds are different from generic builds. Why not ask someone else's sim (must be an AT&T with a data plan on it) to check?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte