11-18-2012, 09:53 PM #1
- 73 Posts
I will be traveling to Florida this winter, and plan on using a Straight Talk sim in my phone for service while I am there. What should I know or do, with regards to that? I am with Rogers in Canada, and I am pretty sure they use the same frequencies on AT&T down there, that Rogers uses here. I wasn't sure if I even needed to unlock the phone for it to work, but probably will as that is inexpensive and no big deal.. Does Straight Talk just use AT&T's network, or TMobile's as well? I have the Nokia network app installed on the phone, so can put whatever APN info in that I need to. Thanks in advance for your help.
- 11-19-2012, 12:00 AM #2
Straight Talk uses AT&T frequencies. You will first have to unlock the phone but I'm not sure if Rogers is handing out unlock codes. You might have to call them up and ask. As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) both data and MMS works on Straight Talk for the 900.
- By rr373 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
- By based_graham in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
- By invertme in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 05-16-2012, 01:07 AM
- By propeller10 in forum HTC TITANReplies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
- By martin_strahilovski in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM