Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you want Instagram as an app for your Windows phone? Nokia Lumina 920/900/800 all all others

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I really like it and wish they would bring it to Windows Marketplace

    28 66.67%
  • No: Other apps are just as good

    2 4.76%
  • I DON'T CARE EITHER WAY

    12 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By unstoppablekem
  • 2 Post By si49
  • 1 Post By manunitedfan5
  1. S Jackson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Like what really do we have to do to get Instagram app to MSW. I didn't think of this before I sent my Android back. I did my research but I just automatically assumed (like the first three letters) that of course Instagram is an offered app in their Marketplace. But it is not. Sucks as$ totally. I love the phone but if the majority of my friends are on a social networking site using both Android and Apple so they are on Instagram, now I have to just say ... nah I can't use Instagram on my phone yet ... they laugh at me. You have at super smart phone and Instagram isn't offered!? I've very tech savvy so that also is another reason I like the phone but I'm really thinking hard about all the apps I'm losing out of without Droid. Anyway I have been searching here and low for some sort of starting or possible date or at least word from Windows or Instagram but nothing.....hopefully soon someone will think it is worth it. :mad:
  2. unstoppablekem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,649 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    cast your voice/vote (or even votes) HERE

    Instagram for Windows Phone
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    phatboy66 likes this.
  3. vtective's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Straight from Joe Belfiore...
    @peltidelphia @salem_albargi No instagram yet, sadly. Send FB message to Zuck and Systrom and tell them you want it! yes to Yelp though.

    http://twitter.com/joebelfiore/statu...09009180360705
  4. S Jackson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Thanks. I voted. Hopefully it works. It seems folks have been waiting for a long time. I'm so tempted to just give up and go back to my Galaxy. I gave up on a nice phone to try something new that doesn't have one of the main apps I used socally that is. Sucks but thanks a lot.
  5. S Jackson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Thanks!
  6. mlm1950's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    484 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    If a lack of Instagram and other apps is causing your friends to laugh at you, you should probably go back to Android. No phone is worth that.
  7. LongLeggs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Instagram is overrated and lately it's a spam box. When I was on IP5 and used it all I got were likes and replies from people trying to sell me more followers or sell me a product and IG does nothing about it. Great idea, worst app ever.

    Jessica
  8. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Setting up a private account would solve any future spam issues. Blocking current spammers would solve current spam problems. Great social site, great app on Android and iOS.
  9. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    You should try MetroAM. It allows you to log in into your instagram account, comment on photos, like photos, and follow/unfollow people. You can't upload your own photos, but that's due to instagram rules. It's a nice app.
    Quote Originally Posted by S Jackson View Post
    Like what really do we have to do to get Instagram app to MSW. I didn't think of this before I sent my Android back. I did my research but I just automatically assumed (like the first three letters) that of course Instagram is an offered app in their Marketplace. But it is not. Sucks as$ totally. I love the phone but if the majority of my friends are on a social networking site using both Android and Apple so they are on Instagram, now I have to just say ... nah I can't use Instagram on my phone yet ... they laugh at me. You have at super smart phone and Instagram isn't offered!? I've very tech savvy so that also is another reason I like the phone but I'm really thinking hard about all the apps I'm losing out of without Droid. Anyway I have been searching here and low for some sort of starting or possible date or at least word from Windows or Instagram but nothing.....hopefully soon someone will think it is worth it. :mad:
  10. LongLeggs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Setting up a private account would solve any future spam issues. Blocking current spammers would solve current spam problems. Great social site, great app on Android and iOS.
    Private accounts defeat the purpose. You said it's a great social site, hard to be social when no one can see your photos and your hashtags go into a black hole.
  11. si49's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Yes only so people will shut up about it being missing. Otherwise, I could care less.
    socialcarpet and phatboy66 like this.
  12. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    I have many followers. But only allow people I choose. Same with twitter. Social doesn't mean let the flood gates open. If I go to a bar, I don't yuck it up with everyone in the bar, just those I choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    Private accounts defeat the purpose. You said it's a great social site, hard to be social when no one can see your photos and your hashtags go into a black hole.
  13. manunitedfan5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    You should try MetroAM. It allows you to log in into your instagram account, comment on photos, like photos, and follow/unfollow people. You can't upload your own photos, but that's due to instagram rules. It's a nice app.
    Wait so you can do everything you can do on Instagram but upload pictures ?I returned my lumia 920 for couple of (minor) reasons but not having Instagram what made my decision easier to return it...But if metroam does the same thing as Instagram but upload pics (which I have an iPad and gs2 to upload from) then I'm gonna look for a used lumia 920 on eBay or Craigslist ...
  14. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Yep. There's another app that does the same thing too. But I like MetroAM better. It's a very nice app. http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=fabd...5-1d254937e8ea
    Quote Originally Posted by manunitedfan5 View Post
    Wait so you can do everything you can do on Instagram but upload pictures ?I returned my lumia 920 for couple of (minor) reasons but not having Instagram what made my decision easier to return it...But if metroam does the same thing as Instagram but upload pics (which I have an iPad and gs2 to upload from) then I'm gonna look for a used lumia 920 on eBay or Craigslist ...
  15. manunitedfan5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Yep. There's another app that does the same thing too. But I like MetroAM better. It's a very nice app. Metro.am | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Nice! I didn't come across this app when I had the lumia, I only came across one that let's you see what's popular on Instagram and bunch of filters apps... Thank you very much for the heads up.. The hunt for a lumia 920 begins now haha
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
  16. WPmunkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    If a lack of Instagram and other apps is causing your friends to laugh at you, you should probably go back to Android. No phone is worth that.
    Or just get new friends...

    So many instagram posts recently. Reminds me of when my Facebook friends insisted on using SocialCam to share videos (just use YouTube people). I bet my GF (new to Windows Phone) is raging about the lack of this app as well. I asked her why she felt the need to use Instagram instead of just using FB. The only reason she could give is "It lets me edit the photos to make them look cool". Yes, they look very cool indeed... Those Sephia tones are brilliant.
  17. Keith Wallace's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,159 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by S Jackson View Post
    Thanks. I voted. Hopefully it works. It seems folks have been waiting for a long time. I'm so tempted to just give up and go back to my Galaxy. I gave up on a nice phone to try something new that doesn't have one of the main apps I used socally that is. Sucks but thanks a lot.
    That is honestly a problematic mentality in the world. Instagram refuses to play ball with Windows Phone, so you leave Windows Phone to cater to Instagram? What kind of crazy message is being sent when you tell companies "abuse me, because I'll follow you anyway?" It's how you get a 2011 iPhone without 2010 LTE and a 2012 iPhone without an HD screen (no iPhone's ever had one) or 2010 NFC.

    People REALLY need to learn to speak with their wallets. Stick with Windows Phone, and then complain to Instagram (which I guess means Facebook now). If they see their usage rate drop because people are on Windows Phone and not accessing it on iOS or Android, they'll cater to the customers. It's crazy how often the customers, who have ALL of the power, refuse to exercise it, instead preferring to be treated so poorly.
  18. Keith Wallace's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,159 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPmunkey View Post
    Or just get new friends...

    So many instagram posts recently. Reminds me of when my Facebook friends insisted on using SocialCam to share videos (just use YouTube people). I bet my GF (new to Windows Phone) is raging about the lack of this app as well. I asked her why she felt the need to use Instagram instead of just using FB. The only reason she could give is "It lets me edit the photos to make them look cool". Yes, they look very cool indeed... Those Sephia tones are brilliant.
    Yeah, that kind of stuff is weird. I mean, you can edit pictures with Windows Phone apps now, no? It's like we have Facebook, then we have a site for status updates from Facebook (Twitter), then we have a site for picture sharing on Facebook (Instagram). Oh, and don't forget the location-based tagging on Facebook, which we get with ANOTHER site (LinkedIn, from what I hear it is for). I would understand the use of these sites if people bailed on Facebook for selling personal information, but when you're STILL on a site to handle all of these tasks, why are you a registered user on 3 other sites to duplicate that functionality?

    I'm making some cynical posts, but I really don't understand.
  19. WPmunkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    That is honestly a problematic mentality in the world. Instagram refuses to play ball with Windows Phone, so you leave Windows Phone to cater to Instagram? What kind of crazy message is being sent when you tell companies "abuse me, because I'll follow you anyway?" It's how you get a 2011 iPhone without 2010 LTE and a 2012 iPhone without an HD screen (no iPhone's ever had one) or 2010 NFC.

    People REALLY need to learn to speak with their wallets. Stick with Windows Phone, and then complain to Instagram (which I guess means Facebook now). If they see their usage rate drop because people are on Windows Phone and not accessing it on iOS or Android, they'll cater to the customers. It's crazy how often the customers, who have ALL of the power, refuse to exercise it, instead preferring to be treated so poorly.
    But then how will we share all our awesome photos? You expect us to use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, email, a website? Please! That is sooo 2011!
  20. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    I don't see how not having a WP app will effect their usage rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Yeah, that kind of stuff is weird. I mean, you can edit pictures with Windows Phone apps now, no? It's like we have Facebook, then we have a site for status updates from Facebook (Twitter), then we have a site for picture sharing on Facebook (Instagram). Oh, and don't forget the location-based tagging on Facebook, which we get with ANOTHER site (LinkedIn, from what I hear it is for). I would understand the use of these sites if people bailed on Facebook for selling personal information, but when you're STILL on a site to handle all of these tasks, why are you a registered user on 3 other sites to duplicate that functionality?

    I'm making some cynical posts, but I really don't understand.
  21. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Oh, and don't forget the location-based tagging on Facebook, which we get with ANOTHER site (LinkedIn, from what I hear it is for).
    I'm making some cynical posts, but I really don't understand.
    LinkedIn is professional networking NOT location-based tagging.
    Foursquare is what you mean?
  22. sammyrox123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Please make instagram and snapchat on Lumia 920! I got a twin brother, he got the iphone 5, i like my phone better...
    ACCEPT THE LACK OF GOOD AND POPULAR APPS.
    So please get more social networks (like snapchat and
    instagram) and other popular apps on the WP8
  23. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    I hope Twitter over runs Instagram I really do. Instagream should open their API allow clients to upload problem fixed.
  24. santillanavila1993's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Keith Wallace is right.

    As more people get WP8 the less people will use Instagram. The growth of WP8 will lower Instagram's user rate; we all want wp8 to succeed.
    Anyways wp8 needs instagram to succeed; which is sad because there are many other options. What is more sad, to me at least, is the addiction to social sites like instagram to the point of giving up an item they like. This all means that you let a company control you.
  25. Lumis90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Flood Facebook's/Instagram's support email box, or at least create new thread here and demand people to do it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

";