Is there a better way to activate the lock screen?

csaptu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I really love picture background that we can set for our lock screen. However, I couldn't find any way to switch the phone to its lock screen when being on the metro interface - apart from the stupid way of pressing the Power button twice.

Is there any other better way, then..

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't any OS use this 'stupid' way to get to the lock screen? As far as I know; no there is no other way to get to the lock screen other than locking the phone and unlocking it through the power button.

csaptu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, actually the option 'Lock the computer' is available in most Windows operating systems. I am just not sure if Microsoft brings it to Windows Phone.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, actually the option 'Lock the computer' is available in most Windows operating systems. I am just not sure if Microsoft brings it to Windows Phone.

No they don't, but even if they did it would be burried in menues and more difficult than pressing power twice

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
On a computer, you generally lock the screen if you walk away from it to get a cup of coffee. You lock a phone when you want to keep it in your pocket. The usage scenario dictates that something similar to the "Lock the computer" option will be inefficient for a phone.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
As an alternate, if you want quick access to whatever picture you have as your background, you could pin it to your start screen as a tile, then you would have one click access from the start screen without having to lock your phone, and your screen wouldn't time out as quickly while you were looking at the picture. There are also several apps that can turn any picture into a mosaic of live tiles that you can use to access various things on your phone.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
As an alternate, if you want quick access to whatever picture you have as your background, you could pin it to your start screen as a tile, then you would have one click access from the start screen without having to lock your phone, and your screen wouldn't time out as quickly while you were looking at the picture. There are also several apps that can turn any picture into a mosaic of live tiles that you can use to access various things on your phone.
I'm not sure that you can pin pictures to the start screen...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo