11-27-2012, 06:11 AM #1
- 2 Posts
I really love picture background that we can set for our lock screen. However, I couldn't find any way to switch the phone to its lock screen when being on the metro interface - apart from the stupid way of pressing the Power button twice.
Is there any other better way, then..
11-27-2012, 06:47 AM #2
- 1,124 Posts
Doesn't any OS use this 'stupid' way to get to the lock screen? As far as I know; no there is no other way to get to the lock screen other than locking the phone and unlocking it through the power button.Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
God's work, our hands.
Preaching the Gospel.
Holding a Windows Phone.
- 11-28-2012, 04:48 AM #5
On a computer, you generally lock the screen if you walk away from it to get a cup of coffee. You lock a phone when you want to keep it in your pocket. The usage scenario dictates that something similar to the "Lock the computer" option will be inefficient for a phone.
- 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM #6
As an alternate, if you want quick access to whatever picture you have as your background, you could pin it to your start screen as a tile, then you would have one click access from the start screen without having to lock your phone, and your screen wouldn't time out as quickly while you were looking at the picture. There are also several apps that can turn any picture into a mosaic of live tiles that you can use to access various things on your phone.
- By jason404 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 10-06-2014, 03:15 PM
- By CSI Guy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 18Last Post: 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM
- By Lord Panos in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 05-20-2012, 07:15 PM
- By jrdatrackstar1223 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:35 PM