Yahoo! Mail Problem

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
. . . Yahoo! Mail is says "Attention required" but when I tap that it takes me to a screen that says Yahoo! Mail password is incorrect...Update your password for winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1 and tap save. When I do that it takes my to the email+accounts screen again, showing that Yahoo! Mail is syncing. But that doesn't work. Again, I get the "Attention required" ...actually sometimes it says "not up to date" and sometimes it just kicks me out to the system screen.

I'm having the same problem as the first poster. Frequent (and I mean FREQUENT) requests to update the password. I recently changed my yahoo password and all seemed well till a few days ago. I can't get the phone to properly save the password and sync my yahoo account. Anyone with suggestions?

PS: already deleted and added the account back. also did a reboot and a soft restart with no luck. I can access mail via the browser with no problem. My Nokia 920 is the only device of the several I have with this issue.

Eric Wu

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Always asking to update acct info. And when I update, it just asks again.

It been an on and off issue for me for only past couple month. I suspect it is yahoo problem because sometimes it works.

I have use yahoo imap since 2007 and never had a problem until recently. Ver frustrating indeed.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this makes a difference, my Imac 2011, keeps on asking for my yahoo password in mail. Not sure of the issue, it started last week, then it stopped all the sudden. It might be an issue on the yahoo side.

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, very frustrating indeed.

I did get it to sync last night after moving several days work of inbox emails to a temporary folder. Thought maybe I had a corrupted message and that was the problem. Got messages early this morning, too, but know it's back to not syncing and asking for my password OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Doesn't look like the corrupted message theory was the problem. Trying to get assistance from @windowsphonesupport.

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
All right. I got yahoo mail to sync finally. Here's what I did (no laughing, please). I signed in using only my user name portion of my email address as my user id and then my password. Sync'd right away. I had been using the entire email address as my user id. I think the hint in the user id field threw me off. It uses the full email address as an example and I blindly and unthinkingly followed that example. <continues hitting head on table>

Update: 6/21/2013. I was wrong. Although I did get the phone to sync with yahoo that once, it wasn't that I had entered the user ID incorrectly. After this case of random sync'ing correctly, the phone reverted to it's incessant password update messages. Got it to sync again the next day (6/19) after 1.5 hours of login attempts. It has worked correctly since then. I am putting this down to a yahoo-side issue. I am crossing my fingers that I am passed this problem.

Last edited:

jdeans

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Yahoo! Mail Problem...phone has suddenly stopped recieving emails from my yahoo account..and wor

my phone has suddenly stopped receiving emails from yahoo and won't accept my new password...since 22/07/13.

Samuel Sulaiman

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Yahoo account. I am using L720. I deleted my yahoo accont from my phone and then re-add my Yahoo because I think it was the wrong password, and then boof! The error notification is gone! So, I suggest that you make sure your password is correct. I dont have this problem anymore.:excited::excited::excited::excited:

vip718

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue with my 521 except it syncs fine in wifi. when i leave my house and try to check email thats when it happens. Over data it wont work but as soon as i turn on wifi its fine. Any fix for this ?

masetodd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Having this problem too - just tried something, but I don't know if it's the "solution".
From a computer, I logged into my Yahoo mail account and now I'm syncing fine.
You know how Yahoo mail keeps you logged in for a period of time (1 week or so?) then it prompts for a password?
I rarely check email from the computer anymore, so I thought maybe I was outside that window.

I don't even know if this is related, or if the sync just randomly started working again.
A proper bug fix would be most appreciated - it would be a major pain to change emails from Yahoo to something else.

Parth Gandhi

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
guys here's the solution. worked for me.

remove all special characters and CAPS from your password . Idk why but the characters what use SHIFT key are creating problem ..

hope it will work for you ppl too..
Have fun

uche james

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Late yesterday and into today I have been having issues with my Yahoo Mail. Last night I kept getting a screen that said something like "info not updated" or close to that. The cursor was on the password area. I've tried only entering my password as well as my username and password. That doesn't work. I've gone into system>email+accounts and under Yahoo! Mail is says "Attention required" but when I tap that it takes me to a screen that says Yahoo! Mail password is incorrect...Update your password for winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1 and tap save. When I do that it takes my to the email+accounts screen again, showing that Yahoo! Mail is syncing. But that doesn't work. Again, I get the "Attention required" ...actually sometimes it says "not up to date" and sometimes it just kicks me out to the system screen.

I've also gone into Yahoo! Mail and selected settings from the 3 dots option. When I select "sync settings" and scroll down to the password area it shows 16 dots representing characters for my password. My password does not have that many characters. If I change it and select the check mark, it takes me back to the yahoo! mail settings screen. I've tried two different options at that point: 1 is to select the check mark and 2 is to select "sync settings" neither of which solves the problem.

I've tried connecting my phone to my computer and updating in Zune. I've tried turning my phone off. Nothing seems to help.

Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do about this? What would happen if I deleted this account and then went back in and added the same account again?

I appreciate any help with this. I have no idea what the **** is going on or how to fix it. Thanks!

yimbott

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I opened an account here to post my solution, just in case someone else comes looking for this issue. I had this same thing happen to me. I couldn't get my yahoo mail on my windows phone and turns out it was a faulty password... but for a reason. Here was my solution.

The problem was on Yahoo's end but it was not quite an error... more of a security feature.

I logged into my yahoo account and went to Account/Account Info > Account Security> Manage App passwords. If you already have one (or more) set up you will see it listed and the only option available that I saw was DELETE.

However if you click the 'select your app' field up-top, you will see a list of platforms (Android, iPhone, etc..) to choose from. I did not see Windows so I clicked on "Other App". Now, enter a custom name and click Generate. This will generate a 16 digit random letter password for this 'other app'.

You can use your login with this password to finally have access to your yahoo mail on that particular device. I didn't have to enter any spaces when I entered mine even though it shows up with spaces.

Once you use it, it will show up on the app passwords list with 'last used' and the date it was created on.

I would be specific about the custom name if you're using more than one device, but in the future if you should lose this password, you would just come back and create a new custom one and enter it in your device. Good luck!

Of course, this doesn't explain how some of the other users got access to their accounts. But then again, this is an old thread, so this may be a new fix by Yahoo. Worth a try.

I should mention that when generating the password, I'm using the current Yahoo version available so I'm not sure if it's available in classic mode.

Hope I have helped!

EMI04

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much ! I feel close to the end of that issue, but it didn't work for me.
question : how did you copy/paste the new password on your mobile?
and when i check the list of password, it is written : not used yet
Can you have an idea?

Sorry for my english, i'am french:amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster