12-05-2012, 07:13 AM #1
- 3 Posts
I have a Nokia 900 with latest firmware.
I've been listening to MarketFoolery pocasts for months where they post their sessions as *.mp3 files on a web site.
Recently, when I try to click on the html mp3 link which typically the opens the deafult mp3 player, it starts to load then I see the error message: Sorry, we can't play this file on your computer.
This is just bad. how can a mobile device not support mp3 files?
1.) Can I load another player on the phone?
2.) How do I download a file to the phone, without playing it at first. then open it in a player of my choice?
- 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM #2
Windows Phone does support MP3 but it uses Microsoft's proprietary Zune software much like how Apple uses iTunes. Do this to get to your MarketFoolery podcasts:
Marketplace > On-screen search button > Type MarketFoolery > Tap the episode or hit subscribe.
To view downloaded podcasts:
Music + Videos (Zune) > Podcasts
12-05-2012, 09:03 AM #3
- 3 Posts
Ill try that, thank. What I forgot to mention is that it has worked up until about 3 weeks ago, and even now and then, if i keep hitting reload, it will work. The problem is that more recently it very rarely works. So, was it supported, and then now it is not?
Someone want to try? MarketFoolery
- 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM #4
Microsoft hasn't released any updates since Tango which was several months ago. If it was working 3 weeks ago and then stopped, chances are the site probably changed something on their end. I tried the website on my 900 and I couldn't get it to work either.
- By rabit1 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 09-20-2014, 05:38 AM
- By snaqvi91 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM
- By Elderon in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 09-26-2013, 01:17 AM
- By toddpart in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 3Last Post: 11-16-2012, 11:48 PM
- By cba191 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2011, 11:28 PM