Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By inteller
  1.    #1  
    They had a picture of a wireless charging dongle on the 900 on a Nokia charging plate charging. They never said anything about that again. Any news on that? And where/when can I buy it?

Here is a picture:

lumia920_wirelesscharging_dongle_610x320.png
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 12-06-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Adding a Picture

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    That's the first I've seen that. I don't really see the point in plugging in a dongle to charge wirelessly when just plugging into usb would charge faster.. Am I missing something?

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    that's cute. looks pretty low tech too.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw17 View Post
    That's the first I've seen that. I don't really see the point in plugging in a dongle to charge wirelessly when just plugging into usb would charge faster.. Am I missing something?
    It makes 900 owners feel better.

Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw17 View Post
    I can see it being more convenient for use 'while charging.' If I were in my living room and had a charging plate it'd be more convenient to have that and pick it up and use and just drop it on the charger as opposed to unplugging it and re-plugging it.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Global Posts
    2,527 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I can see it being more convenient for use 'while charging.' If I were in my living room and had a charging plate it'd be more convenient to have that and pick it up and use and just drop it on the charger as opposed to unplugging it and re-plugging it.
    This basically. Its a hassle to have to have your phone plugged in when you are trying to use it. With this, I could have it charging, pick it up and fire off a text or two, put it back down to charge. Its not something you would use all the time, but when you want it, it would be nice to have.
  7.    #8  
    I saw this on cnet when they interviewed elop.

wanna wanna wanna....have it

Does it come in cyan?
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Cus View Post
    Does it come in cyan?
    What? The dongle?

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    there is always the Duracell powermat, as they have a wireless charging dongle also. it is not Qi standard, but would do the same thing if the main thing your looking for is a dongle:)

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    I'd like to see a daring fellow rip into the charging plate of an 822 and retrofit it to work inside a 900.
    jlw17 likes this.