incorrect unlock code from AT&T

djosa242

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
i got two nokia lumina 900's, one unlock code that they provided was good, the second unlock code for the second phone is not good I got the unlock code from AT&T. However, it just doesn't work. When I was asked for an unlock code on Lumia 900, I input the 8 digits code, press Enter, and it said "incorrect PIN". I've called AT&T services tons of times, and it ends up that they asked me to call Nokia support. The IMEI I gave to them is 100% correct, and AT&T stated again and again they've given me the right unlock code. If anybody can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it, I am pretty much stuck right now and I don't want to sell it and for someone else to have the same problem. Thank you

Last edited:

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Steps to unlock it without putting a sim card in
" Power On, press pound key, press star key 3 times and it will display a P then press star key 4 times and it will display a W, Press star key 2 times and it will display a Plus sign and then put the unlock code Press star key 2 times and it will display a plus sign press number 1 key then pound key and handset is unlock"

djosa242

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Steps to unlock it without putting a sim card in
" Power On, press pound key, press star key 3 times and it will display a P then press star key 4 times and it will display a W, Press star key 2 times and it will display a Plus sign and then put the unlock code Press star key 2 times and it will display a plus sign press number 1 key then pound key and handset is unlock"

Hey Alex thanks for your reply, this method that you mentioned does not work on nokia lumia 900. I don't think it would make a difference how i do it, the problem is they gave me the wrong unlock code

dineshshohan

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm from outside USA. Being international cutomer I've called AT&T to get the unlock code for my Nokia Lumia 900. I called them three times and got the unlock code. But it seems that the unlock code doesn't work. The third person who was working at AT&T told me that if the unlock code which they provided doesn't work, I need to contact for the manufacturer.

I've entered the code 4 times and a balance of 6 is remaining. I've spent a considerable amount for the phone, and if this cannot be unlocked it would be a utter waste of money.

I've double/thriple checked the IMEI no and the code. What I input is correct. Please.. please please help me NOKIA.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me today. Of course, as always, AT&T couldn't figure out the problem and of course Nokia says AT&T is the one responsible for unlocking the phone.

Now recently, I also had an Android phone on T-Mobile that wouldn't accept the correct unlock code. Long story short, I eventually got the phone to accept it after messing around with it. With that recent success, I thought I'd try to get the Lumia to accept the code and see what happens. So what I did was:

1. Get an active SIM card. MUST be active so you can get the PUK code.

2. Call up support for whatever carrier the SIM is for and get the PUK code, write it down.

3. If you're using an AT&T SIM (including an AT&T MVNO), dial ##782# and press call to bring up the unlock code prompt. If using any other SIM, it should automatically prompt for the unlock code upon startup.

4. Enter the unlock code until you run out of attempts. Your SIM card will now be locked and ask for the PUK code.

5. Enter the PUK code. It then prompts you to setup a new SIM PIN. Do that, and write it down in case you ever need it in the future.

6. If the code is correct, it'll say something like it's correct or accepted, and the SIM card will be unlocked again. Now try entering the unlock code to unlock the phone. You may need to use the ##782# menu.

For me, it actually popped up asking for a PUK code again even though my PUK was already successfully accepted. This was most likely because of me entering the unlock code wrong ten times with an inactive T-Mobile SIM, then later entering the unlock code wrong an addition three times with an active Straight Talk SIM. I unlocked the Straight Talk SIM with it's PUK, so I'm assuming it now wants the T-Mobile PUK, which there is none since it's an inactive SIM. So instead, I tried my unlock code given by AT&T and it accepted it and unlocked my phone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why some phones unlock without a problem and others absolutely refuse. I unlocked my 900, easy breezy. My HTC Titan says SIM Error every time I try to unlock it with the unlock code and T-Mobile SIM inserted. I haven't been able to find an explanation.

giffy89

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
me too, says SIM Error every time I try to unlock it with the unlock code and T-Mobile SIM inserted. I haven't been able to find an explanation.thanksAmazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

You can try to unlock your Nokia Lumia 900 by getting the unlock code from a right place.I had this problem last week, So just got the code from Classicunlocking.com .You have to provide country and its IMEI number.After which get the code and unlock it.

dineshshohan

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
@ alpinestars1z
If I'm not mistaken you don't need to unlock your phone to use stright talk. Can there be errors as to the database that AT&T people are having. I don't know what they are doing. Nokia has popped up with this smart phone, and AT&T is ruinning the whole thing. Now I can see why there are so many complaints against AT&T service as well as the drop in the market share of NOKIA. They are playing with the customers money.

djosa242

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking Lumia 900 -- AT&T SIM/Network Lock Code Is Incorrect - FIXED!
You've probably found your way here because you're trying to use an unlock code that you got from AT&T or an EBay seller, but the phone is refusing to take it, despite your triple-checking of details.

The workaround is this: Enter the incorrect code until you run out of your ten (10) attempts. Then you'll get the *real* network unlock message, with 32 attempts. Enter the same 8-digit code you've been entering, and voila, you're now free to use this on any network!

Attached is a video showing proof of unlocking using this method (sorry for the blurriness and quick cut at the end--was too excited that this unlocking ordeal is over):
(I can't post outside links yet, but append this to the end of youtube.com)
**begin link ID**
/watch?v=8SO5ZXQy1zM
**end link ID**

Kudos to:
minhtien for the initial hint to try this method
pyk for being the 1st guinea pig
My credit card company, who I knew I could call up if something was wrong with this phone and that it was truly un-unlockable

Please rep/sticky! I don't care about karma/rep here. Just want to share this helpful hint with everyone. I've spent maybe 12 hours researching fixes and workarounds, and just dove right in to using up my unlock attempts.

It worked for me
Kudos to Breex243@xda-developers

AMPed126

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you djosa242 for that method.

I was really hesitant at first to try it, but since two different AT&T customer service reps gave me the same code I figured it was the phone and not the code. So I used up all 10 attempts and it asked me for a PUK code I entered again the Unlock code AT&T gave me and it worked and unlocked my phone, I was able to make a test call using a T-mobile sim! Thanks I can now go to Mexico and just pop in a local sim for data and use Ebuddy for messaging back :)

It Does Work

Shawarlord

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello..

i had the same problem i bought 6 lumia 900 and only 2 worked... called att and nokia tons of times they said it was the right code... i got it unlocked by the way.. i went to a cellphone unlocking shop.. never mind the code.. u cant unlock them via code. i asked them what they used to unlock it. they said they used an ATF software.. well basically im not familiar with that but with his explanation he connected the cellphone to the computer and synced the cp to the internet and waited for the server to fix and unlock the phone. i paid 20 dollars for it.. not bad i guess. i hope this helps..
he also said that u can force unlock the phone even without the code so yeah..

aparducci

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely 100% correct. This method was a breeze. I took the phone to AT&T and Nokia customer support center in person. From both I got the same 8 digit unlock code and I bought the unlock code from 2 eBay stores as well. All the codes turned out to be the same! The people at Nokia were dumbfounded when they themselves tried the unlock code and failed. So i was given the phone back with only 4 attempts remaining and then I found this thread. So I said what the **** I'll give it a shot and burn the remaining 4 attempts I got nothing to loose anyway as the phone was useless to me locked. As soon as you use up your 10 SIM unlocks you get 32 more PUK unlocks it is here where you enter the same 8 digit unlock code as before and voila problem resolved the phone unlocks. Thanks so much for all your help with thread.

aparducci

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Awesome thanks bud! Was scared to use my 10 attempts as I was told the phone would brick "huge lie" on the second set of 32attempts it worked instantly!

saketdalal

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Are you able to get your Lumia 900 unlocked. I am getting the same issue with unlock code provided by AT&T.

Can you please help me how to get it unlocked.

Thanks. Have a nice day!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05