- 12-16-2012, 01:09 AM #1
Hello every one,
I just bought a Rogers Lumia 900 and unlocked it to work on Virgin Mobile. I installed the Nokia Network Setup app, the firmware is up to date, now every thing is working except Internet Sharing. Strangely, on my unlocked HTC One X, which is also from Rogers, internet sharing works without any tweaking. I bought this phone because I need a phone with excellent call quality and I heard Nokia is the best in this regard, but tethering is also very important to me. I spent hours searching the web for a solution, the only one I found was a post by TOMCAHILL on this forum, but I don't feel comfortable doing it his way. So my question is, does any one know whether the WP7.8 update will enable tethering on unlocked Lumia 900? If the answer is no, then I will have to sell it. Thanks in advance.
- 12-17-2012, 12:22 AM #5
The best solution is to use the Nokia care Suite, download the Mexican LTE variant OS version, and use the data manager software (in the suite) to recover the OS. This will give you a fully updated OS (7.5) with all the features working. download the network setup app and Virgin is in the drop down selection box. Then everything works, and you also get rid of all annoying Rogers logos and apps.
When you open the care suite, search for the RM-808 OS's. You'll see the telmex? one is the newest.
- By ballanda in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 27Last Post: 09-20-2014, 03:43 PM
- By tomcahill in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 24Last Post: 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM
- By bikedogrun in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 02-27-2012, 10:10 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 0Last Post: 02-27-2012, 06:55 AM