Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    After a very long call with ATT today, I've had it confirmed by 4 reps that 7.8 is being pushed out on Tuesday. Have Fun!!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Dude, there has to be proof to support claims like this. I'm sure you know that.
    Thanked by:

I work with cell phones. My personal att rep didn't have a date for me... Are you sure? It's not even on navifirm!

I hope this is true...

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Rumors! Take it with a grain of salt! 99% of time, CS reps are clueless and not privy to such info anyways. However, if it does happen, then great, will make my coworker happy.
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac likes this.

I'm eagerly waiting for this. let's see and hope this is true.

I want to believe!

That would really irk me. I'd much rather it be on the weekend, because I don't want to update from my work computer (because then the backup would be there), and knowing it was available would drive me up the wall! :P

I was just in touch with Windows phone support over at Twitter. MS dont know squat. This is the worst costumer experience I have been in and I'm surprised it's Microsoft actually. I asked for a date, week or a month and they couldn't even answer me that. Seriously, what's going on at Microsoft really? At least Apple has way better costumer support. I'm afraid this wait is gonna last very long into the end of february or somewhere in march. Just a sad feeling I have.

Quote Originally Posted by garpen0 View Post
    I was just in touch with Windows phone support over at Twitter. MS dont know squat. This is the worst costumer experience I have been in and I'm surprised it's Microsoft actually. I asked for a date, week or a month and they couldn't even answer me that. Seriously, what's going on at Microsoft really? At least Apple has way better costumer support. I'm afraid this wait is gonna last very long into the end of february or somewhere in march. Just a sad feeling I have.
    it's just a phone update, no need to get sad over it. i'm eagerly waiting as well, but it's really not something to get angry over. surely you have more involving things in your life than your phone and what's on it right?
    Thanked by:
    Jastow 
    Residing likes this.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    They probably thinking about portico.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_farquaad View Post
    it's just a phone update, no need to get sad over it. i'm eagerly waiting as well, but it's really not something to get angry over. surely you have more involving things in your life than your phone and what's on it right?
    Well, I'm tired of how simple Windows 7.5 looks like and would like to customize the layout as soon as possible. It's not a matter of what's going on in my life haha what are you on about? I want the upgrade as we were promised back in june/july as soon as possible. It's a rather big upgrade for us who decided to wait with Windows 8 to the next batch of releases.
    Last edited by garpen0; 01-15-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    snowmutt and Cleveland2k like this.

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    they could have just screwed us on the update and left everyone with no choice BUT to upgrade to WP8.

Well, it is now Tuesday so I guess we will see!!

Quote Originally Posted by jusdis View Post
    they could have just screwed us on the update and left everyone with no choice BUT to upgrade to WP8.
    True but they didn't. So you say we should be thankful MS are doing this and refuse us to give us a more accuarate date than "sometime within a period of three months". It is ****ty service.

I'm also promised a phone call from Nokia Support on today. I wonder if either is actually true.

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I am not buying into it. I have thought early February ever since WP8 didn't make it to market until November. Throw in the support and updates they are working on for the Summer (way more important for the future of WP then WP 7.8), it just feels like a Valentines Day gift is more likely then anything around Martin Luther King's Birthday.

Incindently- I find MS's customer service horrid as well.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    If it doesn't come today, I say we stone LongLegs
    Thanked by:
    willied, Bartdog, garpen0 and 1 others like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    If it doesn't come today, I say we stone LongLegs
    I say we don't. Physically attacking other members over something like this is A) not worth going to jail over, and more importantly B) is overkill given he was just sharing info from CS reps.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I say we don't. Physically attacking other members over something like this is A) not worth going to jail over, and more importantly B) is overkill given he was just sharing info from CS reps.
    Dude you need to go out more often.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garpen0 View Post
    Dude you need to go out more often.
    I need ID for that. My passport (which was the only form of ID I had for nightclubs et al) has expired. So I have no ID.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by paladinleeds View Post
    i need id for that. My passport (which was the only form of id i had for nightclubs et al) has expired. So i have no id.
    o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I need ID for that. My passport (which was the only form of ID I had for nightclubs et al) has expired. So I have no ID.
    going out does not always mean getting drunk at the bar.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamteal View Post
    going out does not always mean getting drunk at the bar.
    With my friends it does, if I want to be with friends that is. As for me, I do get out of the house still. But when I do I'm almost always alone. So that doesn't help anything.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    My cousins brother knows someone that used to work for an AT&T retail store and that persons sister said we are getting 7.8 this Thursday.
    snowmutt likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast